• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Had a look at that thread a few weeks back and was struggling to find it again...least it's easy to disable it in Afterburner.

Gained 5fps from 63 to 68 in Crysis 3...still slower than the GTX 760's on stock however.

Certainly seems to be faster or slower or on par on a game by game basis.

Is that with ULPS on or off?

Crysis 3 is a pain to bench without a built in benchmark. It should be standard these days to include one with the game.

Stuff the results, that setup is giving me wood :) (or is it your sig :))

Last edited:
Is that with ULPS on or off?

Crysis 3 is a pain to bench without a built in benchmark. It should be standard these days to include one with the game.

On 63fps
Off 68fps

Certainly a bit of a pain since I need to try and do the run as accurately as possible...not perfect but it's a decent run! I usually use the opening outdoor scene of Welcome to the Jungle which ends with the argument between Prophet and Psycho. Decent test as that part takes up around half of it.

Bioshock for example showed no improvement with it ULPS off.

@Catanonia just benching at stock just now to get a feel, will get into the overclocking by the weekend.

I think the hit from ULPS is not too bad, providing you run at stock. But who runs at stock? ;)

True...me for now though LtMatt...here's some quick benchmarks, all and all pretty impressed with the performance at stock.

qgh2.jpg

8j19.jpg

hb7z.jpg

3roi.jpg

3v90.jpg

4jv5.jpg

Will be interesting to see how well it clocks considering some of the clocks out there are very impressive indeed.

Back down to a Micro ATX case which I am really happy about, it was impossible to sustain safe temps with SLi cards and this is working out really well indeed.

Will bench Far Cry 3 and Battlefield 3 tomorrow and add to some of the scores. Weekend off work should give me some tweaking time :P

Last edited:
Will be interested to see how high you can push the GPU and MEM clocks on air.

On mine, 1125 / 1700 was the max for air, under water, 1225, 1775

I did select ignore AMD overclocking limits on MSI Afterburner...rebooted and was still the same limits of 1100 Core and 1575 Mem...probably because I haven't enabled overdrive in the Catalyst CC though :rolleyes:

I did select ignore AMD overclocking limits on MSI Afterburner...rebooted and was still the same limits of 1100 Core and 1575 Mem...probably because I haven't enabled overdrive in the Catalyst CC though :rolleyes:

Ensure you are using Beta 11 of MSI AB. Previous versions I found didn't set the voltages on both GPU's consitently.

Also set "Extend official overclock limits" in the options too to allow you to push the clocks and voltages.

I hope you aren't trying to say mine isn't real?!

Just as fast as a reference 7990. And on a beef pcb ;)

Malta is the cards code name...

Well. Sorry to say but I no longer own a 7990. Its just sold on ebay.
May get a new one in September when I start work again. But for now I will live without a powerhouse gaming card as I dont need it lol

Back
Top Bottom