• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

It is one of the neversettle promos. It gives 8 games. I got one of those offers and also a gold radeon pro reward with mine. So in total 11 games. I sold them all for £80 so effectively my 7990 cost £300.
Might be a stupid question, but do you have to sell the actual AMD key, or can you redeem it yourself and sell the steam keys, they email you, separately?

Seeing as you're all proud owners, question for you! At £399 is the 7990 worth owning?

I would need to upgrade my PSU too but I don't count that cost tbh.

Currently using a 7870 and I mainly play BF4. It's pushing the 7870 to the max but is managing Ultra, 2x AA and SBAO solidly enough on 1080p.

Wondering whether to go 7990 now when it's cheap or wait for 20nm and do a full system upgrade?

Thanks

Yes!! Until the 290x2 comes out its quite simply the fastest card out there and the bang per buck is up there with 7950's.

7990 for a single card solution spanks everything out there. Am very much looking forward to the 290X2 ... although I think AMD will need to come up with some radical cooling solution or they might throttle the TDP of the card, as they have with the 7990 as it turns out.

My replacement 7990 is coming today! Woooo! Will be wiping my hard drive and doing a clean install of Win 8 tonight.

7990 for a single card solution spanks everything out there. Am very much looking forward to the 290X2 ... although I think AMD will need to come up with some radical cooling solution or they might throttle the TDP of the card, as they have with the 7990 as it turns out.

My replacement 7990 is coming today! Woooo! Will be wiping my hard drive and doing a clean install of Win 8 tonight.

True dat. What brand? Bet you can't wait.

Really tempted by one of these, but would need a PSU upgrade as don't think my "Be quiet 530w pure power" will get away with running this.

Although someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they read a review and it only used 500w?

True dat. What brand? Bet you can't wait.

If they're all going to be reference cards - probably Asus just to stick with the ROG Impact I have.

I really do wonder if they'll let vendors go crazy with the PCB + cooling solutions. Will have to pick something up that can be watercooled!

On that note - the Powercolour 7990 ... I don't think I've seen much in the way of comparisons from that vs reference

Really tempted by one of these, but would need a PSU upgrade as don't think my "Be quiet 530w pure power" will get away with running this.

Although someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they read a review and it only used 500w?

I think you'd be cutting it fine with the 530W. Wouldn't give much in the way of headroom for OCing if at all any.

I think you'd be cutting it fine with the 530W. Wouldn't give much in the way of headroom for OCing if at all any.

OCing the card? I don't think i'd be interested in that at this stage.

I'm basically waying up the pros and cons of my upgrade itch, which started with the r290x but after seeing these i'm really, really tempted, but if I have to chuck another £100 for a PSU it puts it out of my price range really.

Already pushing my luck at thinking of spending this much so close to xmas.

The right option might be to hold off until the new year and wait for prices to drop more...

Back
Top Bottom