• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

According to my testing so far stock 7990@ 1000/1500 at stock (without throttling) is marginally faster (or in some cases as fast - tied) than 7950 crossfire overclocked to 1125/1600.

The MSI 7990's come with games direct from MSI I believe, see this page:
http://www.msi.com/product/vga/R7990-6GD5.html

Damn, I folded and picked up one of those this morning after speaking to OcUK to ask if they had anything similar planned, didn't even know about the games, from MSI's site it looks correct too /drool.

*EDIT*

Guess not:

Key Codes must be used by October 22, 2013, after which the Key Codes are void

Other than updating your bios ive no idea. Can you try the card in a different pc?

Will be doing that later today just to confirm it's not my mono or the new psu.

http://www.bequiet.com/en/powersupply/385

After looking at the specs would this having a single 12v rail cause any problems? Will be testing it again in abit while splitting the pcie connections over two cables.

After looking at the specs would this having a single 12v rail cause any problems? Will be testing it again in abit while splitting the pcie connections over two cables.

I'm no psu expert but that looks fine to me.

pretty sure the game codes are now expired ?

I managed to redeem 8 GE codes just now that was supposed to of expired. :D I got mine from the same place the other guys did. The best thing is ive pre-ordered Thief. That game is gonna be big and i hope it includes a in game benchmark tool. I also picked Sniper Elite V2 as that has an in game benchmark. Long live the in game benchmark. (im looking at you dice)

Just purchased one from a competitor for a really good price. Choose Saturday delivery so hopefully I'll have it up and running tomorrow :)

Just purchased one from a competitor for a really good price. Choose Saturday delivery so hopefully I'll have it up and running tomorrow :)

Snap, I had one in the basket when Gibbo dropped the price yesterday but they went back up before I checked out, kind of glad I missed out now, it goes some way towards covering the extra cost of a PSU - I don't think the old HX520 would take kindly to a 7990.

All modern PSU's are single rail. Even the dark power pro (top of the range BQ) is single 12V

I have same PSU as you on my desk which I'll be installing tonight.

What I'd do. take card out and see if MOBO boots into windows using the graphics onthe CPU. Then you'll know the PSU is working.

Check all connections from PSU are seated properly, especially the 4 pin CPU pin. (I've left that off before).

I'd try different PCI'e cables and slots. I see tehre are 3 slots. I'd swap the outer two in case PCi-E 1 is left or right. Doesnt say on teh back of the PSU.

hope mine is less trouble some. Hope you sort yours soon

They should be fine if your PSU is up to the job. Besides if they are naughty tell them you'll make them mine litecoin, they'll soon settle down.

So Matt...

On Monday when I receive my 7990, what would your 'perfect' setup steps include to get it up and running as smoothly as possible?

I've seen your bios flash thread and will do the steps in that but are there any tips and tricks you would recommend?

I have 1 side intake fan, 1 front intake fan, 1 rear exhaust fan.

Thanks,
Jack

Back
Top Bottom