• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Mike306 said:
:eek::eek::eek:

There is still stock of the MSI one if you look around. ;)
Yeah but I ain't buying one off that company, they are total scum, when you RMA through them they offer you the value of the time left on the warranty vs the face value at the time of the card.

Like I said... scum.

Yeah but I ain't buying one off that company, they are total scum, when you RMA through them they offer you the value of the time left on the warranty vs the face value at the time of the card.

Like I said... scum.

That's crap, not want I want to hear. Normally buy from here but the offer from them was too good to refuse.

Like I said... scum.

That's crap, not want I want to hear. Normally buy from here but the offer from them was too good to refuse.

Hopefully thats not always the case. That's one thing OcuK have never screwed me on, returns/rma's.

Yep XFX will try to give you a discount off one of their other products instead of replacing it. Terrible compay.
I've never had to deal with MSI but I can't imagine they're worse.

Mine is waiting for me at home, wish I could take the day off :P

thefogo said:
Yep XFX will try to give you a discount off one of their other products instead of replacing it. Terrible compay.
I've never had to deal with MSI but I can't imagine they're worse.

Mine is waiting for me at home, wish I could take the day off :P
Well the retailer in question is just as much the problem, they won't go out of their way to sort the issue with XFX - can do a few googles of the retailer in question and XFX, awful.

As for MSI, I'm almost certain you can RMA direct with MSI Netherlands via email, so they should be alright.

This is why I wanted a Gigabyte 7990 from OcUK, but they have sold them all out literally seconds before I was placing the order... doh lol. :(

Last edited:
I've just had my Gigabyte 7990 delivered today which I ordered when they were on sale for £390 the other weekend. Been on holiday for a week so had to delay the delivery :)

I currently have my 6970 running in my second graphics PCIe slot (white slot) of my Asus P8Z68-V Pro, I am using that one as my cooler was very close to the back of the graphics card and I wanted more space between them. Plus if I have to take my card out in the future, I have more space to work in. I am right in thinking it should run just as fast as slot 1. It says 2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x16 or dual x8) in the spec, but I just want to know for peace of mind really. As I don't want to spend all this money on a new graphics card, only to have it running slow :D

I think as long as you only have one card plugged into either slot then you can use either one and still get x16. That's the case for my P8P67 Deluxe anyway. However with the 7990 and my case i get better temps with the gpu in the first slot as its not to close to the psu.

I think as long as you only have one card plugged into either slot then you can use either one and still get x16.

Thanks LtMatt, that's what I presumed when I read the spec, just wanted to check I had read it right.

Think I will notice much difference coming from a 6970 :D

Back
Top Bottom