• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

There are only three fans so they don't operate at different speeds. Ignore the reading, its wrong.

hmm if they don't operate at different speeds and are locked together why are there individual GPU1 and GPU2 fan sensors in Aida64 and afterburner to show the speed % and rpms

gpu 1's fans are the 2 fans closest to the pci bracket
gpu 2's fan is directly below the power connectors
you can control either independently of each other

Being new to Crossfire is there anything I should read into for getting the most out of each game? Awkward googling for stuff as it brings up so much old info for previous drivers.

I'm seeing good FPS in dayz but it feels like it's really stuttering, almost like its worse frames than it actually is (although this could be due to the AMD Patch i'm using to get 120hz on my monitor) and also in CSGO i'm not seeing any real improvement. Both CPU & GPU seems to be under utilised, could be the beta drivers I guess...

I've had a quick look at RadeonPro but soon as I tweaked CSGO it forced it into insecure mode which instantly put me off, can't have a VAC Ban on my 4 digit ;)

Being new to Crossfire is there anything I should read into for getting the most out of each game? Awkward googling for stuff as it brings up so much old info for previous drivers.

I'm seeing good FPS in dayz but it feels like it's really stuttering, almost like its worse frames than it actually is (although this could be due to the AMD Patch i'm using to get 120hz on my monitor) and also in CSGO i'm not seeing any real improvement. Both CPU & GPU seems to be under utilised, could be the beta drivers I guess...

I've had a quick look at RadeonPro but soon as I tweaked CSGO it forced it into insecure mode which instantly put me off, can't have a VAC Ban on my 4 digit ;)

AMD patch to get 120hz??

What is your CPU usage at when your GPU's are under low usage..

Doesn't CSGO use the source engine and only use 1 card?

What is your CPU usage at when your GPU's are under low usage..

I'm getting around 60~70% CPU usage on all 4 cores with 55~60% GPU usage, this is at 2560x1440 with everything on high.

I know Source is usually CPU limited but kinda expected to get a bit more out of this... guess not.

Yeah I don't think source engine uses two GPUs and dayZ is completely cpu bound.

Crossfire logo shows up so suspect they do support it in some way for Source and i've certainly seen a big leap in FPS in DayZ just feels worse, almost like its half the framerate that it's actually reporting.

Hi guys,

New 7990 (and AMD for that matter) owner here. I'll be installing the card within a couple of days.

I need your assistance to get this beast running optimally as soon as possible with as less hassle as possible. Please recommend me what version of drivers should I install (I;ll be playing the latest games), what kinda software I should be installing for OCing purposes, and preferably pointing me out to a quick and easy OC guide.

Sorry for the fairly noobish questions, this is my first AMD card plus I have been out f the loop for the past 2 years! Really excited for this, it is actually gona be a totally new build I'll put together from scratch :D.

gpu 1's fans are the 2 fans closest to the pci bracket
gpu 2's fan is directly below the power connectors
you can control either independently of each other

Interesting, i did not know this.

In the name of all thats holy Matt remove that red font it burns my eyes :p

I made it bold. Any better?

I expect your 2500k might be holding you back a bit, especially in Day-z. Overclock that mofo as muuch as possible or get an i7. :)

I did indeed Matt but change is allways good. Had saved me pennies towards these classified 780ti's whenever they land but the opportunity to be able to claw back costs seemed an opportunity I could not pass up ;)

Back
Top Bottom