• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

I just wanted to ask some advice about my 7990 and low performace I have been playing project cars and the gpu usage only goes to about 50-60% on each core, I have a 2600k, unclocked and overclocked to 4.5GHz tested and the cpu usage is about 40-50%. The 7990 is stock speeds with LT Matt bios installed, and the fps are about 30-40. Could my power supply be holding the system back it's a corsair tx 650w.

Thanks

Ste

You might have power issues and you might not! But have a read here ... http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthre...ve-improvement..-what-s-changed-..-1-question

I was getting stupid low fps with stuttering @ 1600p, after that thread I was getting 100+ in most places on 7970/7990 with high gpu usage .... some flashing texture issues though but mostly ok.

My 7990 with overclocked 4930k was drawing around 700 watts at the wall peak so you may be ok.

I'm back :D
Problem solved.
It turned out to be a faulty DVI cable.
Put a new one on I had as a spare and no more green spots :D
I don't understand why I still had green spots when I tried a HDMI cable :confused:
Anyway..........
All sorted.
Many thanks for all your help.

It may be the project cars as I tried hitman absolution and getting about 100fps, tried the setting from the link blacknija posted but still about the same. Thanks for the help i will keep trying and maybe santa may bring me a nice new psu, probably not anothe corsair though on my third one as the sata power connectors are made with the thinnest plastic and kept breaking on me.

Lol AMD have impressed me... because they didn't have anymore bioshock infinite game codes from the 8 free games voucher you get with the 7990 they have given me a code to choose any one game from the radeon game rewards that you get with the gold silver or bronze vouchers. Hmm dirt 3 or Thief!

Last edited:
Hi guys, installing this card right now. It requires 2x8 pin power cables, but my CX750M cable came with 1x8 pin with one of the bottom corners without a pin + 1x6 pin with a 2 pin add-on. Should I be indeed be connecting this cable (with the 2 pin addon)?

I disabed hyper threading and the cpu power saving features and project cars went from 25-30 fps to 40-45 fps and 80-90% cpu usage. So moving in the right direction, but feel a overclock of the cpu may be needed and replacement psu.

Just a quick problem. Sometimes on start up, when booting into Windows post log in screen my pc gets a video hardware BSOD.

Some details from the error log.

WD-20131204-1601.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA800B60E4E0
BCP2: FFFFF88004C39D7C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Now the BSOD code is something like 0x00000000000016 but I cannot read it quick enough before restart.

Is there anything wrong with my 7990? Infuriatingly it does not do it everytime. It seems to pick and choose and only started yesterday at 4 o'clock. So far it has happened 3/4 times. Running latest drivers and MSI Afterburner is at stock.

Has anyone run the Unigine Valley benchmark? I ran it last night but it only seemed to use the first GPU.

I've been playing Dead Space 3 and that seems to use both GPU's.

Any ideas? Do I have to enable it in Valley somehow?

No data in Event Viewer and getting a dump file viewer to get more info?

I will have a look when I get home. I only managed a quick copy past before I came to work this morning. Please excuse my ignorance as this is the first time I have done anything like this and fumbling around in the dark a little :)

Last edited:
It seems like suddenly supply of these cards has been exhausted (or thereabouts). So glad I picked mine up, really really pleased with it :)

With the mining craze and the desire for AMD cards to suit the purpose - 7990's are well above £500 now. Getting one for £360 last week seems to be the bargain of the year!

With the mining craze and the desire for AMD cards to suit the purpose - 7990's are well above £500 now. Getting one for £360 last week seems to be the bargain of the year!

Flippin heck, i can't find any. Ones i can find which do say delivery within 1-2 weeks are all £700+.

Remember the XFX deal matt!!! :D (With PSU)

Back
Top Bottom