• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

udQ4Lve.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Tried BF4 and green spots everywhere.
I don't know if you can see them in the pic??
Temp was 82c
Card at stock.

Could be because you're not running exclusive full screen. Seems fine to me, at least the benchmark part does. Try the latest drivers, 13.11 Beta 9.5 they include a tweak for Hitman frame pacing. Nevertheless here's my results. Ran the bench a few times to make sure it wasn't a one off and each run was the same.

It seems it was the exclusive fullscreen. Which is weird as it was still ran in fullscreen.

Thanks again Matt!

I can also clarify I see no green spots in that above image.

I just wanted to ask some advice about my 7990 and low performace I have been playing project cars and the gpu usage only goes to about 50-60% on each core, I have a 2600k, unclocked and overclocked to 4.5GHz tested and the cpu usage is about 40-50%. The 7990 is stock speeds with LT Matt bios installed, and the fps are about 30-40. Could my power supply be holding the system back it's a corsair tx 650w.

Thanks

Ste

I just wanted to ask some advice about my 7990 and low performace I have been playing project cars and the gpu usage only goes to about 50-60% on each core, I have a 2600k, unclocked and overclocked to 4.5GHz tested and the cpu usage is about 40-50%. The 7990 is stock speeds with LT Matt bios installed, and the fps are about 30-40. Could my power supply be holding the system back it's a corsair tx 650w.

Thanks

Ste

I'm not familiar with that game im afraid. PSU is cutting it fine but at stock should be sufficient. Silly question but do you have vsync off and the power limit at +20%? How do other games with vsync off work?

Thanks

Ste

I'd blame Matt's bios :D

Seriously - does this happen in all games or just Project cars?

PSU borderline - personally I'd have a 750-850 depending if your overclocking or not.

I'm not familiar with that game im afraid. PSU is cutting it fine but at stock should be sufficient. Silly question but do you have vsync off and the power limit at +20%? How do other games with vsync off work?

Vsync off and power +20%, tried arma 3 and get similar results/usage, I will try a few more settings. I should have got a new psu over the weekend with some of the sales :(

Thanks

Vsync off and power +20%, tried arma 3 and get similar results/usage, I will try a few more settings. I should have got a new psu over the weekend with some of the sales :(

Thanks

I think arma is a cpu bottleneck game and for all i know project cars may be the same. Check out my thread here. Setup some gpu overlays so you can monitor gpu usage and clocks/temps. You can then notify us how the gpu usage behaves. This makes it much easier to spot a problem.

Why do you mock me? :(:D

Hehe only kidding mate. :p

I think arma is a cpu bottleneck game and for all i know project cars may be the same. Check out my thread here. Setup some gpu overlays so you can monitor gpu usage and clocks/temps. You can then notify us how the gpu usage behaves. This makes it much easier to spot a problem.

Hehe only kidding mate. :p

Yeah I know, tbh your AMD expertise has saved my ass time and time again so feel free to mock! :p

Back
Top Bottom