• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

So... Would you sell your 7990 if you could make £200 profit or still keep it?!

I've put mine up for auction as a test but probably won't sell it. What will you do?

I won't lie i have considered it. Then i remembered how well it performs and looked at what else is available to buy with the money id get from it and decided its not worth it.

I have to admit I was shocked at the prices and it's had me thinking about it to. I was only planing on getting a 290 when the better coolers came out, but after seeing the 7990 at those prices I had to get one :D

Has anyone run the Unigine Valley benchmark? I ran it last night but it only seemed to use the first GPU.

I've been playing Dead Space 3 and that seems to use both GPU's.

Any ideas? Do I have to enable it in Valley somehow?

Anyone?

I won't lie i have considered it. Then i remembered how well it performs and looked at what else is available to buy with the money id get from it and decided its not worth it.

Agreed - it is a beast of a card now that I've been using it for a few days with your suggested tweaks.

Just changing my way of thinking from 'you could make money' to 'you have managed to get an absolute bargain, be proud and treasure it'

I've put mine up for auction as a test but probably won't sell it. What will you do?

Remember the ebay and the paypal fees.

So if we take it you are selling it at £620 as an example.

You are looking at roughly £1.30 insertion fee. Final Value fee £62, £21.28 paypal fees so total fees are £84.58

So if you paid £400 for it you would make £135.42. Now of course thats depending if you paid £400 for it. If you paid more you would make less money.

also bear in mind sometimes if you are unlucky you get scammers on ebay etc etc which ebay will sort out but its a headache soemtimes.

Last edited:
first post

Hi, can any ASUS 7990 owner advise me on the following. Sunday I replaced my 6990 with an ASUS 7990 from overclockers. My issue is that when my system now boots my bios screen has moved 50%aprox to the right, making the bios difficult/impossible to navigate, but once windows loads all is fine......
I'm connect to my panny 50v20, I've tried all the port at the back of the card, as well as the hdmi of the tv, updated my motherboard bios, and installed/uninstalled (using driver sweeper in safe mode) several catalyst drivers.
the strange thing is if I connect to my smaller Samsung lcd it boots fine, my 6990 and 6950 befiore that were both fine on this tv.
I'm a bit lost what to try next!!!
Other than that though the card runs game bang on.

Back
Top Bottom