• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

So, playing Hitman Absolution in fullscreen and I am noticing something.

1st GPU 99% 1000 Core and 1500 Memory
2nd GPU 0%-30% 300 Core and 150 Memory

Why is this? Crossfire is enabled.

If you want me to run the benchmark for comparison i can do. Let me know the settings and clocks used. :)

It's weird, game looks and performs great I just don't understand why the 2nd GPU isn't operating at the same speed as GPU 1.

Core Volts 1150mV
Power Limit 20%
Core Clock 1000
Memory 1500

Ultra in game settings, exclusive full screen turned off MSAA turned off.

Did you manage to look at this Matt?

I will do it now mate and report back. Can i just do the in game benchmark?

I turned Vsync off also.

Well I just ran the benchmark and it ran fine, it seems to only replicate when running the actual game. Fullscreen on but exclusive fullscreen off (seemed to get a crash with that on)

If it's a bother don't worry about it as the game does play, it's just a little weird.

I turned Vsync off also.

Well I just ran the benchmark and it ran fine, it seems to only replicate when running the actual game. Fullscreen on but exclusive fullscreen off (seemed to get a crash with that on)

If it's a bother don't worry about it as the game does play, it's just a little weird.

Could be because you're not running exclusive full screen. Seems fine to me, at least the benchmark part does. Try the latest drivers, 13.11 Beta 9.5 they include a tweak for Hitman frame pacing. Nevertheless here's my results. Ran the bench a few times to make sure it wasn't a one off and each run was the same.

Ignore the graph that says i ran Hitman at x8AA. Its a typo, should be x4.

[email protected]
Hitman 1440P
Ultra Preset +x4 AA

7950 Crossfire @1125/1600 =75.7 FPS

9hwalA2.jpg

7990 @1000/1500 = 77.2FPS

5ayqiqg.jpg

Afterburner
CRBIuPj.jpg

Last edited:
I received my MSI 7990 yesterday and installed it earlier with the beta driver off the AMD website.
I noticed that I was getting flashing green little spots on the screen.
I ran Heaven and same on there.
Uninstalled the beta driver and installed the 13.9 driver and the same thing happens.
Any ideas??
Is the card kaput??

I received my MSI 7990 yesterday and installed it earlier with the beta driver off the AMD website.
I noticed that I was getting flashing green little spots on the screen.
I ran Heaven and same on there.
Uninstalled the beta driver and installed the 13.9 driver and the same thing happens.
Any ideas??
Is the card kaput??

Certainly sounds that way. How are temps? Play some games and see if it happens.

Back
Top Bottom