• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Wow thats some really low voltage for stock clocks their lads. My cores seem to like voltage sadly and i need 1.135v for 1000/1500. However i can bench mine at 1150-1175 without too much trouble.

Well well well...

Windows 7, struggling to hit 60 consistently dipping to around 45, max probably about 70. GPU usage at 55% or so.

Windows 8, It's back. :D

Never drops below 90 from playing a few matches, the drivers must work a hell of a lot better on Win8.

http://postimage.org/app.php

Note the dips in Afterburner for usage are from me dying as I was pretty much running around like a headless chicken looking at the fps monitor. :p

Anyone struggling with their FPS on Windows 7 I'd seriously look at booting up Windows 8.

Defy have you got an i5?

He has a 2500k IIRC.
Edit: close enough :p

Yeah a 3570k @ 4.4ghz.

I take you all back to this and something i posted a while back. Took some flak for it at the time too. Windows 8.1 using DX11.1 gives a boost to cpu performance. Now if a small change to DX11 can improve cpu performance this much, what can a whole new API do aka Mantle? ;)

EA-DICE' upcoming online shooter Battlefield 4 will take advantage of DirectX 11.1 API, on PCs running Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Running the game with DirectX 11.1 will have a positive performance impact compared to running it on DirectX 11.0, or on older operating systems like Windows 7 (which doesn't support DirectX 11.1). In the words of the technical director behind Frostbite, the underlying engine for Battlefield 4, "We use DX11.1, there are some optimizations in it (constant buffer offsets, dynamic buffers as SRVs) that we got in to the the API that improves CPU performance in our rendering when one runs with DX11.1." This could give Radeon HD 7000 series GPUs an edge over their GeForce competitors. GPUs

http://www.techpowerup.com/191505/b...ies-directx-11-1-renderer-with-fallbacks.html

Oh I didn't realise there was a trial. I might try it out.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/evalcenter/hh699156.aspx

I take you all back to this and something i posted a while back. Took some flak for it at the time too. Windows 8.1 using DX11.1 gives a boost to cpu performance. Now if a small change to DX11 can improve cpu performance this much, what can a whole new API do aka Mantle? ;)

http://www.techpowerup.com/191505/b...ies-directx-11-1-renderer-with-fallbacks.html

The difference is about 100% for me. :p

Some of you guys are getting awesome temps on air!

Doing a spot of mining at the moment with temps in the low 90's with 1120mv, 1075/1475 with +25 power limit. Each GPU getting between 730-750 Khash/s.

Does anyone know how to disable CrossFire? Just want to try something, apparently CrossFire can reduce Hashing by approx 10%.

Also big thanks to LT Matt, my 7990 is like a new card now its been flashed, absolutely stunning graphics whilst gaming! :)

Some of you guys are getting awesome temps on air!

Doing a spot of mining at the moment with temps in the low 90's with 1120mv, 1075/1475 with +25 power limit. Each GPU getting between 730-750 Khash/s.

Does anyone know how to disable CrossFire? Just want to try something, apparently CrossFire can reduce Hashing by approx 10%.

Also big thanks to LT Matt, my 7990 is like a new card now its been flashed, absolutely stunning graphics whilst gaming! :)

Sound like you're using the old bios dude. Theres a new one (check the thread) which has a higher TDP at stock so now only up to +20% is required. The new bios removes a small throttling issue that sometimes occured on the old one, which you're currently using.

Back
Top Bottom