• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** Official AMD 7990 Owners Thread ***

Sound like you're using the old bios dude. Theres a new one (check the thread) which has a higher TDP at stock so now only up to +20% is required. The new bios removes a small throttling issue that sometimes occured on the old one, which you're currently using.

Better get my USB Stick to hand then! :D Think it may help temps? They're my main concern now.

LtMatt are you what volts are you overclocking on?

Eh? :confused:

I'm running all games at 1.135v-1.140v @1000/1500. I'm experimenting bumping the voltage up a notch after i had a couple of crashes in far cry 3. Its annoying as BF4 runs fine on 1.130v. So far i've not done much overclocking on games as ive not needed the extra performance. Did a small amount of tweaking earlier though and was running 1.180v @1050/1500 which seemed stable but needs more testing. Any lower crashes in far cry 3.

and... are you still mining?

Nope, sold my 1.4 LTC to a friend for £30. Might start up again if the difficulty comes down.

quick question guys.. one of the cores on my 7990 is heating up much higher then the other because it is directly above the psu meaning the hot air doesnt escape so I would like to leave the PSU outside of the case. Whats the best/safest way of going about it? laying it on a piece of cardboard?

Cheers

So im mining with 2x 7990s and getting decentish speeds for my temps, however gpu 0 seems to be stuck on 60 khash while the others are 500+.

Any idea on what may be wrong?

I am busy diagnosing something similar. It is with my 7770's though in a spare rig. One GPU is at a quater of the output compared to the other. In the past I rebooted or reset the miners and it would resolve it.

At the moment changing settings makes no difference to the temps, hash. A head scratcher for sure.

Oh weird, I just turned my PC on and I had to enable crossfire.
And yeah that screen is there :)

I can't set BF4 to 60Hz for some reason :confused:

Here's my fps on W8 on Shanghai Domination:
Min Max Avg
40 201 75.935
About 10fps better than on W7 :) Not too bad.

Last edited:
Any experts going to be trying this?

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18561683

64bit afteburner

Here we go, RTSS 6.0.0 beta 2 is online and available for download:

http://archive.sunet.se/pub/games/PC...ta2-Guru3D.rar

Before using it please invest couple minutes in reading the release notes and known issues section. Also, I remind that you cannot use new encoder server features introduced in this RTSS without new Afterburner (which is not available for download yet).
Thanks again to all who took part in closed beta testing.
Quote:
- Added OSD visibility on/off/toggle hotkeys support in x64 applications for current version of Afterburner. It is no longer necessary to wait for updated AB to get this functionality working
- Updated Italian localization

I'm going to but gonna hold off until people with more knowledge can shed some light on it. :)

Back
Top Bottom