*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

Soldato
You're much more likely to find serious players in Hardcore mode, I rarely get too many snipers playing that.

Huh??

I play hardcore all the time and there are many snipers; its my one major gripe with the game. If anything I found much fewer snipers in softcore, because of the way they can be exposed by spotters I imagine.

Soldato
I've come back to BC2 recently, and had a few awesome squad games on hardcore with a friend of mine. One thing that I've noticed is that the base-raping seems to be far worse than it ever was. Last night on Atacama Desert, we were playing US and we couldn't even leave our base because the enemy had almost their entire force in our base, taking our helis and tanks, and then flying past and firing on us as we spawned over and over again. I couldn't sneak out because I'd just spawn in the same area at the back and then die again and again.

Then last night on Arica Harbour, I was trying to have a game with the same friend, and Mushii from here, and we were getting spawn-camped again. They'd come up our left flank and just keep taking everyone out in the base before we were able to do something about it.

I find it silly that Dice haven't done anything about this. It used to happen very rarely when I played this months ago, but even then I remember people saying that there should be some sort of penalty for base-raping and spawn camping. The kills shouldn't count. What fun is there in holding an enemy at their spawn without actually trying to have a dynamic game of capping points and holding them?

Aside from that, I had many other good games over the weekend. Hardcore ***!

Soldato
OP
My take on it is that for clan only matches the balance is fine. But for public matches that will have groups of people going on and dominating the balance isnt fine.

And not even Dice can argue this point because whats happens in a lot of games is the map is capped then spawn trapping leads to an empty server and no game. For that reason alone its faulty for public play.

You cant rely on the community to be nice about spawn trapping its not going to happen, therefor it needs to be re-balanced by Dice at least for BF3. Clearly not going to happen for BC2.

They need to do away with this 3 flags in a row crap as well. Makes the battlefield linear and is part of the problem.

Soldato
They need to do away with this 3 flags in a row crap as well. Makes the battlefield linear and is part of the problem.

Yeah now that you mention that, it definitely is something that needs to be changed. BF2 had cap points all over the map, in strategic but non-linear locations. They need to get back to that formula.

Soldato
I bought Vietnam last night.

It feels quite different, I'd say a bit more akin to Battlefield 1943.
There is also a lot more cover so it makes being camouflaged and out of sight a lot easier. Infact the washed out colours also make spotting an enemy triangle harder.

Soldato
Yeah now that you mention that, it definitely is something that needs to be changed. BF2 had cap points all over the map, in strategic but non-linear locations. They need to get back to that formula.

I've not played any of the older PC Battlefield games, but did like in 1943 that you had loads of cap points. Like Wake Island, Gudalcanal and Iwo Jima.

Soldato
I've not played any of the older PC Battlefield games, but did like in 1943 that you had loads of cap points. Like Wake Island, Gudalcanal and Iwo Jima.

You definitely feel the pressure when the points are further apart and not directly behind one another. Obviously the big difference there is that BF2 supported large teams, so it wasn't such a problem having cap points spaced out across a large area. Hopefully they can get it right in BF3. Anyone know what classes will be available in BF3?

Soldato
Even on the Xbox though, with the larger number of flags, you could essentially sneak across the map to cap one of the ones that was unattended on the otherside.

With most of the BC2 maps, if there are numerous flags they are usually too close together. If there are just three, it usually means that one team holds the two and everybody just struggles fighting over the middle and there is no way you can get behind and take their other flag.

Soldato
OP

I think they wanted to create a different feel from other BF games but also concentrate the action as they were hoping to snag a lot of COD/New players. It was fine for everyone in the short term but as the new players filtered on to different games the core community were left long term with with introductory maps that dont really stand up very well to long term abuse as is the case with BF players.

As always I'm sure Dice will do a huge overhaul again for BF3.

Dont get me wrong though, BC2 is my most loved XBOX game. What I'd like for BF3 would be minimum of 4 cap points dynamically positioned on open large circular maps.

Soldato
I might give Vietnam a go sometime, but at the moment I'm quite enjoying the new maps in vanilla. Some of the new ones are awesome :)

I think they wanted to create a different feel from other BF games but also concentrate the action as they were hoping to snag a lot of COD/New players. It was fine for everyone in the short term but as the new players filtered on to different games the core community were left long term with with introductory maps that dont really stand up very well to long term abuse as is the case with BF players.

As always I'm sure Dice will do a huge overhaul again for BF3.

Dont get me wrong though, BC2 is my most loved XBOX game. What I'd like for BF3 would be minimum of 4 cap points dynamically positioned on open large circular maps.

I hear what you're saying. Hopefully they'll sort this for BF3, and aim at keeping the BF veterans happy, rather than coaxing over the CoD lovers.

In my experience though, most of the CoD players have either left the game, or they're the ones that are doing this ridiculous base-raping that keeps going on. Those sort of lame tactics are employed vastly in MW2 and Blops.

I have a friend that loves CoD, but hates BC2. He ran down a hill on my game and simply handed the controller back to me and said "I don't like it, it handles like crap" and that was that. He's never even given the gameplay a chance, despite BC2 being far superior at promoting team-based squad play.

Soldato
Huh??

I play hardcore all the time and there are many snipers; its my one major gripe with the game. If anything I found much fewer snipers in softcore, because of the way they can be exposed by spotters I imagine.

I don’t think there’s more snipers in Hardcore mode, it’s just that the ones that are there are harder to kill on account of the lack of spotting/killcam.
I find that in hardcore mode people are more likely to work as a team and the squads are much more likely to be balanced between the classes.
The only time I can recall being stuck in a squad full of snipers on Hardcore mode is playing Harvest Day, which is a massively sniper-friendly map anyway.

Associate
Anyone else having this issue?; Since yesterday afternoon I've been at level 1. Even logging off and then back on it doesn't fix it. Thought it was just a server error but I've just tried again and had the same problem!!

Soldato
Anyone else having this issue?; Since yesterday afternoon I've been at level 1. Even logging off and then back on it doesn't fix it. Thought it was just a server error but I've just tried again and had the same problem!!

Yep, at peak times the stats server struggles. Its a pain and dice are aware, probably make a formal statement tomorrow.

Associate

Yeah i had that too, just meant i had to run around with my M1, fun as hell but makes your K/D ratio go :(

Back
Top Bottom