*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

Soldato
I've come back to BC2 recently, and had a few awesome squad games on hardcore with a friend of mine. One thing that I've noticed is that the base-raping seems to be far worse than it ever was. Last night on Atacama Desert, we were playing US and we couldn't even leave our base because the enemy had almost their entire force in our base, taking our helis and tanks, and then flying past and firing on us as we spawned over and over again. I couldn't sneak out because I'd just spawn in the same area at the back and then die again and again.

Then last night on Arica Harbour, I was trying to have a game with the same friend, and Mushii from here, and we were getting spawn-camped again. They'd come up our left flank and just keep taking everyone out in the base before we were able to do something about it.

I find it silly that Dice haven't done anything about this. It used to happen very rarely when I played this months ago, but even then I remember people saying that there should be some sort of penalty for base-raping and spawn camping. The kills shouldn't count. What fun is there in holding an enemy at their spawn without actually trying to have a dynamic game of capping points and holding them?

Aside from that, I had many other good games over the weekend. Hardcore ***!
Have wrote about this very problem a few times in this thread, a simple exclusion area preventing the other side being able to enter your compound would balance things out perfectly. I still love this game but the obvious bugs are near criminal, with zero updates or fixes from the first day i bought it.
Still losing games games or winning games when the opposite happened.
Text that falls out of it's box in menues.
Moments of sound will just stop working, no reloading gun noises etc.
Some maps fall apart when using the high powered scope.

Just really simple basic things that they couldn't be bothered to fix, makes me very worried about BF3 tbh.

Recently been getting a lot of frozen games, lost connections etc as well.

Soldato
How awesome is hardcore mode :cool: playing it saterday night on the conquest maps and it was great fun, also giving assualt a try as i was finding it hard to snipe :o unlocked the xm8 ! which is a great gun.

I also love the fact the screen is clear from all the hud nosense, i thought id struggle at first.

If there are any PS3 player that like to speak add me .

BigDvr6 :D

Associate
Just getting back into BF2. I used to play on PC couple of years ago but now just game on xbox.

Loving the Vietnam expansion pack but need some guys to team up with. Add me! Tag = Plumbz

Cheers.

Soldato
Bit of a bump but are people still able to play this? Bought it for a friend for his xbox and we're just having endless connection issues, and when we do get into a game there don't seem to be many players there! Has everyone abandoned this for Blops or something?

Would Vietnam be a better option? Does it use different servers? As it stands this is pretty much unplayable as a multiplayer game, and that's all we got it for.

Soldato
Bit of a bump but are people still able to play this? Bought it for a friend for his xbox and we're just having endless connection issues, and when we do get into a game there don't seem to be many players there! Has everyone abandoned this for Blops or something?

Would Vietnam be a better option? Does it use different servers? As it stands this is pretty much unplayable as a multiplayer game, and that's all we got it for.

Have you checked your nat settings and stuff? I hear bf games can be fussy with packet loss. Last night I played for about 4 hours on always full servers. The best multiplayer experience on the 360.

Soldato
Have you checked your nat settings and stuff? I hear bf games can be fussy with packet loss. Last night I played for about 4 hours on always full servers. The best multiplayer experience on the 360.

Yea games are always full, I like the CoD series but Battlefield has always appealed to me more due to the diversity of the games.

Land mines are lols, you just can't beat seeing that text pop up when you're half way accross the map.

"vehicle dmg +30"
"vehicle dmg +30"
"vehicle destroyed +100"
"player killed +50"
"double kill +30"

:D

Soldato
You git's!

I have not played this in a while due to no net... Miss it so much! Mind you, bring on Sat, nice 30 meg fibre being installed! One hell of a session is due on Sunday if anyone is up for it :D

ags

Soldato
Is anyone still playing this?...games seem few and far between and theirs so many bugs now its getting pretty terrible, spent all day trying to get a game in teh Viatnam mode and it just says that it fails to connect to EA Online.....TBH...because this game has been supported so terribly..im doubting wether BF3 will be any better.

Permabanned
Restart the game/ps3, i had that a few times, i dont know why people moan so much i played 300 hours shortly after this game was out and even then it want no where near as bad as black ops with its host migration crap.

Gettin my ps3 back this week and be back im my bush! ;)

Soldato
Did that trought the day....have managed to get two games..but then the screen jsut faddes to black and you back in the main screen menu!

And..once again..the game has jsut frozen on me...

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone still playing this....(360)

lots of people still seem to be on it, but not sure how, EA servers are jsut dying and I keep getting the messageyou have lost connection with EA servers, games falling out mid way etc.

Does EA not even bother to keep this going?..or they jsut cheapos?

Soldato
Anyone still playing this....(360)

lots of people still seem to be on it, but not sure how, EA servers are jsut dying and I keep getting the messageyou have lost connection with EA servers, games falling out mid way etc.

Does EA not even bother to keep this going?..or they jsut cheapos?

Is your broadband from Virgin Media by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom