*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

Soldato
lol..yes why...that doesnt read good.

They've implemented Traffic Management over all bundles that affects P2P traffic. Unfortunately they haven't done enough to ensure that Xbox traffic (which utilises P2P traffic for games like BC2 and Black Ops) is not affected by it.

So this pure shafting by Virgin Media is screwing over a lot of Xbox Live games and in fact even just Xbox Live (downloads, vids etc. Even just loading the avatars of friends takes much longer than it used to). :o

Soldato
Any other sites that are talking about this or confirming this new policy?
If i upgrade the line dont want to be locked int a new contract (which I assume their will be with the upgrade?), to find I cant even do the most basic things!

Soldato
Sit tight as in VM or aware of the problem and will do soemthing about it?

Or am I jsut safer swapping to another connection..which I dont really fancy doing that as its more hassle!

Soldato
Damn, Im on virgin media and have been having problems, along with my mates. I just thought xbox live was playing up. Has anyone been in touch with virgin media? Might pop into the glasgow shop on my way home.

Soldato
They had five members from the forum giving feedback over the weekend whilst the guys at Virgin trialed things (they weren't specific). There have been no results from this yet, but hopefully it won't be too long.

Associate
Any good Xbox players out there? I despair at the people I've to put up with in my random squads when I join. Nearly lvl 26 if that matters!

XBL is below in my sig, feel free to add me!

Caporegime
Sorry to bump the thread but I wanted to ask a question that isn't worthy of it's own thread.

I just went and bought the game today, the shop said that the disk was brand new, but they couldn't find the box for it, so they bumped the price down to £6.50 and I couldn't resist. :p

It's the Xbox 360 version, now, I've just put the disk in and downloaded a small update, then I went onto the in-game store to redeem the VIP code and it's downloading a 1.64 GB update which is entitled BFBC2 Vietnam Multiplayer Update, I'm slightly confused as I thought you had to pay extra for the Vietnam expansion?

Also could anyone tell me what my VIP code entitles me to? I would Google but I thought I'd get a quicker response here. :)

Caporegime
The VIP code entitles you to extra map packs for the normal multiplayer modes. The Vietnam expansion is downloaded as part of the latest multiplayer update but you still need to buy it before you can play it.

Caporegime
The VIP code entitles you to extra map packs for the normal multiplayer modes. The Vietnam expansion is downloaded as part of the latest multiplayer update but you still need to buy it before you can play it.

Yeah that was my suspicion, that you had to purchase Vietnam even after downloading. Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Have there been many map packs?

Back
Top Bottom