*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

Associate
Anyone else hoping that they redesign Wake Island and put it as DLC for BC2? That map was pure awesomeness and I reckon that with a game type like Rush, it'd be even more fantastic.

TBH I'd love any of the old maps. Wake was a personal favourite, mainly due to its sniping potential. Karkand would be insane. I'd love to see some of the spec ops maps too, they were very good. Infact I'd go as far as to say I'd happily pay for an original map pack.

Mushii
'Ranking his Engineer up, 1 point at a time'

Soldato
Taking a bit of a break from the Medic. Trying the engineer and it seems pretty decent actually. Got quite a few RPG kills on tanks last night.

For some reason im still really rubbish with the Assault class (haven't touched Recon much at all yet). The weapons feel awful, although i have only got the XM8 atm. I did pick up the AN-94 and it was good though.

Associate
Just tried playing with my mates in 3 different games and its lagging all over the place. Anyone else experiencing the same.

I think EA are still trying to load balance their servers. They had 10x more players on BC2 than any of their other BF series games, which I think was quite a shock to them. Be patient a little longer, this is pretty normal for an EA launch, another week or so should see all of the bugs ironed out.

Mushii
'Sniping the heads off Medics since 2010'

Associate
I've not played this for a couple of days! I need my fix - the lag is off putting though.

Personally I've not experienced any lag yet after a lot of hours of play.

Soldato
I think EA are still trying to load balance their servers. They had 10x more players on BC2 than any of their other BF series games, which I think was quite a shock to them. Be patient a little longer, this is pretty normal for an EA launch, another week or so should see all of the bugs ironed out.

Mushii
'Sniping the heads off Medics since 2010'

poor excuse, with the amount of people playing demos and betas and amount of pre-orders the whole situation with the servers and instability at launch is inexcusable.

I would like karkand but I really doubt there would be much building destruction, to be honest i was a little disappointed in the actual destruction, its arguably nothing special and just a little gimmick, in this day and age I was expecting something a little more gucci.
Atleast its a step in the right direction though, i always wished i could c4 a building to topple ontop of a tank when i didnt have enough c4 to blow the tank directly :)

Soldato
It's not their fault, EA aren't used to making good console games :D

I don't really mind if it lags sometimes, MW2 lags loads and the fact that IW can't be bothered to have dedicated servers is a hell of a lot worse than EA having a few technical difficulties. I'm yet to experience lag, so I can't say too much, the only connection quibble so far is that I ended up playing a whole Squad deathmatch on my own, although I did win it, which was very exciting :D

Associate
It's not their fault, EA aren't used to making good console games :D

I don't really mind if it lags sometimes, MW2 lags loads and the fact that IW can't be bothered to have dedicated servers is a hell of a lot worse than EA having a few technical difficulties. I'm yet to experience lag, so I can't say too much, the only connection quibble so far is that I ended up playing a whole Squad deathmatch on my own, although I did win it, which was very exciting :D

Hmmm when it comes to lag, I think MW2 can't get away with it because it is a very fast paced game with a very accurate hit reg engine. Where as with BFBC2 the guns aren't very accurate anyway and the game is a bit "sloppy", which allows more room for lag without it being noticable.

Permabanned
Hmmm when it comes to lag, I think MW2 can't get away with it because it is a very fast paced game with a very accurate hit reg engine. Where as with BFBC2 the guns aren't very accurate anyway and the game is a bit "sloppy", which allows more room for lag without it being noticable.

Na MW2 has unrealistic game play, BC2 is very good, like when you have someone in your sights and boom..... a building is hit which you are in and you aim is all over the place.

Soldato
it doesnt make a difference how bad you think mw2 is, it still doesnt excuse ea's cockup with servers and technical problems, they have the resources, it was fairly blatent it was going to be a massively popular game, it was simply a typical battlefield launch, riddled with problems as per usual. end of.
its better than the mw2 affair, but two wrongs dont make a right.

Soldato
ive still yet to experience any lag in a game yet and ive been playing it nearly constantly every day. Then again i am on Virgin 50mb.

Ive found playing recon in a squad and using the motion mines gets tons of points just throw a motion mine near a pile of enemies and let your team rip them apart for tons of points that + C4 on objectives and tanks gives a fair few points. None of this hill sniping stuff as a recon, i go in there with a shotgun :)

Caporegime

thats not hit boxes. thats simply the way the games are designed. mw2 laser guns like the acr for example. i prefer the use of trigger control like bc2 as it employs another factor into the game rather then simply holding on the trigger.

and yes mw2 has extreme lag. being a nightsift worker. mw2 was a nightmare and dictated to me when i could play which was only in the afternoons (basically when i was sleeping). bc2 has dedicated servers so this is not a problem for me what so ever. i can play at any hour and still get the same enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom