*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

Soldato
Finally BC2 store is up on PS3, although not much use.

I also hate it when you kill someone and they kill you at same time.

Also think there should be a 2-3 second spawning 'unable to kill' thing on here as hate spawning and dying straight away if in a enemy area.

Also, can I give a idea out.....

If you are in a squad and there is only 1 medic in it and he dies, here is a idea. Take his kit and revive him therefore ALWAYS having a medic in your team. Grrrr

Soldato
Also think there should be a 2-3 second spawning 'unable to kill' thing on here as hate spawning and dying straight away if in a enemy area.

So basically, as a bonus to dying, you're invincible for two to three seconds after spawning? That wouldn't work because what would happen if you spawned right next to an MCOM station? Two to three seconds is all you need to disarm an armed MCOM, and the enemy would be able to do nothing about it. No, as annoying as it is right now to spawn and get killed, you make the choice to spawn on your squad member when you can clearly see that they're either in the thick of it, or are heading into a fight. Just don't spawn if they are near danger otherwise you know you'll get nailed as well.

Associate
w00t! Will get it at lunch time :)

Does anyone else feel that knife combat is a bit random....I attempted to knife an enemy while he was right in front of me and missed completley :/ He then knifed me from the exact same range and nailed me

this happens to me sometimes, there are time when I have to knife them twice

Soldato
I got a wedding rehearsal to go to in a min, god knows how long it will take as the wedding is on Friday. I have to remember my speech!

So, will be on at some point as I have no work till Monday now, so will be a late one :D

Maybe catch some of you guys on later?

ags

Soldato
Am I the only one who gets confused the hell out of by the mini map? I could have sworn at the start of the game it said that the satellite uplinks are displayed but they're not and also the weapon collectables why does the icon still stay on the map even when you've found them? :confused:

That aside I've been playing this quite a lot over the last couple of days and as the reviews said before hand the single player can only described as so so, I'm playing through the levels and they all seem so much like Modern Warfare only just not as good. Having said that though I am having fun playing it and seeing as I only bought it for the single player and I'm lead to believe it's the multiplayer that really bumped it score up I wont complain that much :p

Soldato
wish they'd put a compass on the minimap, its a joke as it stands.
Seriously, how can squads be expected to coordinate with each other without the most basic navaids such as a compass?

Soldato
wish they'd put a compass on the minimap, its a joke as it stands.
Seriously, how can squads be expected to coordinate with each other without the most basic navaids such as a compass?

Yes! A mate and I have thought this since about 5 minutes after we initially started playing it together, it's really annoying having to call out visual references or "left" and "right" instead of just a compass direction.

Soldato
Yes! A mate and I have thought this since about 5 minutes after we initially started playing it together, it's really annoying having to call out visual references or "left" and "right" instead of just a compass direction.

for something thats supposed to rely on teamwork and communication its criminal that it isnt in, im sure it was suggested a few times during the betas/demos too.
Quality control for the BF series are a bunch of retards, its one of those annoying niggles that is so blatent and shouldnt be difficult to fix.. like the not being able to exit games when map finishes, you have to wait till it restarts.
ANNOYING.
Oh and the inability to remove clantags easily - i cant figure out howto get mine back off(iv had it off once before!).

Associate
I had some good fun games last night - even though just quick games had some great squads - scored over 2k about 4 or 5 games in a row (which for me is good) - got my red dot sight now. Most of my achievements/unlocks are on vehicles though - I'm a tank whore.

The big thing for me is when I play MW2 I usually finish angry/fedup due to lag death/bs hosting etc. I've not had this in BC2 - I think maybe it's slower paced and larger makes the big difference.

I only have one hate atm - snipers and mortar strike - its just mega powerful - question is it a one off use or time limited? How does it work?

Soldato
2k?! Now, this might show me up but I've only managed a top score of 600 per game! How did you get 2K? I'm new to consoles so my aim is rubbish at the moment :p

Just work with your squad, and go medic.

Can't connect at the moment, been about half an hour now.

Associate
I play engineer - you get lots of points if you tank whore - I'm sure you get bonus points for squad based achievements (flag taking, repairing tank maybe, using paddles (medic) etc). If I was solo I'd drive to a flag then switch position to machine gunner. If in trouble jump out rpg while teammate mans gun, fix tank - rinse and repeat. You also get nice points for vehicle killing.

We had one guy in the team who never got less than 3.5k every game - no idea how he did it tbh.

Back
Top Bottom