*** Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread ***

Soldato
I should be on a little later this evening. I played a few games last night, but was bored on my own so watched a film, and then logged in for one final game before going to bed. Mushii joined the game I was in but I didn't have my mic plugged in and I was feeling to lazy to connect it all up, so sorry for not talking when you got into the game Mushii.

Associate
Na MW2 has unrealistic game play, BC2 is very good, like when you have someone in your sights and boom..... a building is hit which you are in and you aim is all over the place.

Speak from experience eh? :p Nah I'm joking I know what you mean and I'm not disagreeing with you at all you are right. What I was trying to say is that MW2 is a much faster paced game and it is a lot more "pin point" and every gun is quite accurate with little recoil so the second you bullets "miss" you know there is lag. With BC2 if you miss it could simply be down to recoil, or so you think - it could actually be lag but you wouldn't know.

thats not hit boxes. thats simply the way the games are designed. mw2 laser guns like the acr for example. i prefer the use of trigger control like bc2 as it employs another factor into the game rather then simply holding on the trigger.

and yes mw2 has extreme lag. being a nightsift worker. mw2 was a nightmare and dictated to me when i could play which was only in the afternoons (basically when i was sleeping). bc2 has dedicated servers so this is not a problem for me what so ever. i can play at any hour and still get the same enjoyment.

No it is a mixture of both. I wasn't talking precisely about "hit boxes" I said the "hit reg engine", which is different. Adding to my above comment about the way BC2 guns work, the MW2 hit reg engine is a descendent of the quake engine which is known for its high accuracy and to this day is still the best that exists. The engine is better than the one employed by BC2. However because of the style of play, the second any lag happens with MW2 it is extremely noticeable. It was even more noticeable with MW1. If the same amount of lag/delay/dodgy hit reg happened with BC2 you may dismiss it and put it down to recoil/bullet travel/explosions etc. As said above however, IWs choice to use the IW.NET with P2P is the main cause of lag. EA/DICE made the more sensible choice to use dedicated servers.

Caporegime
After selling my PS3 version, the 360 version mysteriously dropped through my letterbox from the Boomerang rental. First impressions after a couple of hours of play - WHAT A BUNCH OF BOZOS playing on the Xbox. What's wrong with you all?! :D No-one seemed to be playing as their class at all - just running around wildly treating it as a simple FPS. And no voice comms at all! :rolleyes:

Caporegime
OMG! I was playing single player on my lunch and I got to the bit with the Russian vehicle, driving along the road with a grenade launcher.

Sweet jesus I must have like 5 goes and I still couldn't do it. :o

Anyone have any tips for doing this bit?

Soldato
OP
Looks like some new stuff will be available tomorrow. Fairly pointless (uniforms and camo weapons), but if they price it right it might have some appeal.

I'll be buying those dolly uniforms :o green beret on the medic will be a god send. That red one is a bullet magnet.

Soldato
OP
Yeah - switch to easy. :) You only need to do the last level on hard to get a trophy/achievement and to be honest, I found no difference between easy and hard on the last level. You can replay levels individually.

Yeah I found that. PLayed the last level on hard without even coming close to dieing.

Back
Top Bottom