Votes: 481 33.4%
  • Hardcore Rush Mode

Votes: 222 15.4%
  • Normal Conquest

Votes: 507 35.2%
  • Hardcore Conquest

Votes: 229 15.9%

• Total voters
its not an inability to aim, its the fact that on normal mode people are like some kind of wierd bullet sponge where it takes an insane amount of bullets to put them down

This is the only thing I miss from hardcore. I can't play hardcore, just not good enough, but the amount of bullets it takes to kill someone in normal is silly. I need normal mode with the killing potency of hardcore :)

its not an inability to aim, its the fact that on normal mode people are like some kind of wierd bullet sponge where it takes an insane amount of bullets to put them down

It really doesn't if you can aim...

Anyone saying normal takes too many bullets, aim for the chest / head - not the arms / ankles that you are obviously getting your free kills from in hardcore.

Then we aren't playing the same mode. This exaggeration is getting ridiculous. It doesn't take 30 bullets to kill someone with a vss, hell it doesn't take 10.

Lets just agree to disagree. Hardcore is full of noobs who think the only way to play is fully automatic and as such, can't aim consistantly for longer than 2 shots and bitch if the target doesn't die. Normal is full of noobs who need more health to survive so they can redeem mistakes by killing the guy before he kills them.

Surely thats just agreeing with you, and not agreeing to disagree ?

As for me not being able to aim consistantly, well, I invite you over to our server for a night and we will see ;)

Anyone saying normal takes too many bullets, aim for the chest / head - not the arms / ankles that you are obviously getting your free kills from in hardcore.

Except because its not hardcore I believe the hitboxes are different.

Ive shot people in the head with the GOL, seen the blood splash, and they havent even been wounded.

Now you can tell that I hit them because of the blood splash animation, this isnt hitbox controlled.

We know this because when our server crashes, if you shoot someone, you still get the blood splash animations.

Except because its not hardcore I believe the hitboxes are different.

Ive shot people in the head with the GOL, seen the blood splash, and they havent even been wounded.

Now you can tell that I hit them because of the blood splash animation, this isnt hitbox controlled.

We know this because when our server crashes, if you shoot someone, you still get the blood splash animations.

Thats because that is handled client side, regardless of whether you actually hit them or not...

Your game has to show instant, lagless responses for continuity for stuff like animations / particle effects so has some things calculated on your end for effect regardless of whether or not they happened on the server.

No wonder you like hardcore, it compensates for your inability to aim consistantly :rolleyes:

You're basically saying there are no hit detection issues when there are.
Just because you might not see it?

I don't suppose you've not killed someone when you should have?

Thats because that is handled client side, regardless of whether you actually hit them or not...

Your game has to show instant, lagless responses for continuity for stuff like animations / particle effects so has some things calculated on your end for effect regardless of whether or not they happened on the server.

Other games do this so much better with quicker reactions, this is a shocking amount of misses.
When I hit someone on my screen I expect that to be a hit, no less, anything else is poor.

So in other words, I hit him in my head because my client says so, but on non hardcore OCUK servers, I didnt.

Therefore how can my aim be inconsistent if I keep consistently getting client side effects from hitting hitboxes ?

And I always thought TFU was just some people from OcUK that formed a clan, they don't have a thing against OcUK because they are part of OcUK.

I think the ribbing is just being taken to seriously, and come on, if they want to play as a team on their server why are you complaining?
They are generous to let us play on the server (including making space for us) they pay for, use their vent and you complain?

ingrates.

So in other words, I hit him in my head because my client says so, but on non hardcore OCUK servers, I didnt.

Therefore how can my aim be inconsistent if I keep consistently getting client side effects from hitting hitboxes ?

Your client doesn't have the final say in the matter thought, so that is irrelevant and you just have to hope they get their lag compensation as good as possible to limit such occurrences as seeing false animation / particle effects from the client side that don't match up with what actually happened on the server.

But that is getting away from the point, the inconsistency is not even about missing, it is about where you're hitting. Take the harder hitting sniper rifles, something perfectly balanced (not hard to do from a game dev pov) on normal. Hit something in the head they die, hit something in the chest they take close to death dmg, hit something in the arms / legs and gl hf... on hardcore you no longer need to be a good enough shot to consistently hit them in the head or atleast the chest and hope for the best, you can now just blast them in the ankle and down they go.

We have to hit everyone we come accross with the first shot in hardcore.

Sure that means our aim has to be more consistent? The fact that if someone cathes us off guard we can soak up a few bullets turn round and tube them (pretty much how I got my kills on the normal server)?

hardcore is for people who cant kill easy on normal.

it makes up for bad aiming where you shouldnt get a kill .

hit boxes different cause of hardcore or normal, lol

some gold on here today :D

learn to play normal mode first that way if you do go on to play either its easier to adapt rather than playing hc all time then going on a normal server and raging cause the shot you hit the player with in the toenail didnt kill them :p

samething all over again like in cod 4 .

but i put like 13 full mags in him and he pistol shot me once thats bs , hax , server lags , mums got a cough , mouse is broke , dogs in my pc case , list is endless :D

We have to hit everyone we come accross with the first shot in hardcore.

Sure that means our aim has to be more consistent? The fact that if someone cathes us off guard we can soak up a few bullets turn round and tube them (pretty much how I got my kills on the normal server)?

I posted above about missing / hitting... but even that hardcore players think in terms of not hitting people at all shows you how poor their game is. Basically in an FPS game it isn't hard to hit something, you have a crosshair / some kind of sighting or w/e -- so lining that up with a whole bunch of pixels doesn't exactly take fatal1ty skill to pull off... so what you're actually talking about is where you hit them, and to then be able to pick a particular pixel out of all that and hit it consistently from varying ranges and with minimal reaction time is where the actual motor skill of FPS gaming comes into play, hardcore removes most of the motor skills basic requirements... so you still have the psychological skill left in (which is still a big part), but by playing hardcore you've essentially removed a skill requirement from the game, not increased it.

Last edited:
hardcore is for people who cant kill easy on normal.

it makes up for bad aiming where you shouldnt get a kill .

hit boxes different cause of hardcore or normal, lol

some gold on here today :D

learn to play normal mode first that way if you do go on to play either its easier to adapt rather than playing hc all time then going on a normal server and raging cause the shot you hit the player with in the toenail didnt kill them :p

samething all over again like in cod 4 .

but i put like 13 full mags in him and he pistol shot me once thats bs , hax , server lags , mums got a cough , mouse is broke , dogs in my pc case , list is endless :D

The fact the we are getting called out for being useless at aiming and thats why we play hardcore is pretty redundant considering when we joined the OcUK server we all finished positive and absolutely dominated.

The hypocrisy of it all is what gets me ;) I prefer hardcore, but can adapt to normal. The carpet comment that everyone who plays hardcore only plays it to make up for their terrible aim is pathetic.

I've been playing with Shotguns recently and I have to say it is absolutely hopeless. You can shoot someone who is stood still 1/2 feet away from you and it doesn't do anything, no hit indicator or anything.

Yet you can sometimes snipe people from half way across the map.

Shotguns are borked like no other in this game.

I posted above about missing / hitting... but even that hardcore players think in terms of not hitting people at all shows you how poor their game is. Basically in an FPS game it isn't hard to hit something, you have a crosshair / some kind of sighting or w/e -- so lining that up with a whole bunch of pixels doesn't exactly take fatal1ty skill to pull off... so what you're actually talking about is where you hit them, and to then be able to pick a particular pixel out of all that and hit it consistently from varying ranges and with minimal reaction time is where the actual motor skill of FPS gaming comes into play, hardcore removes most of the motor skills basic requirements... so you still have the psychological skill left in (which is still a big part), but by playing hardcore you've essentially removed a skill requirement from the game, not increased it.

As opposed to fatal1ty playing insta-kill railguns?
You seem to be forgetting that while you can kill people faster, they can kill you back just as fast, it's a more dangerous game that goes both ways.
Everyone's skill level needs to improve, snipers get it easy though.

Even if you have fast skills, it does not matter; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXssPP_Zgbo

I've been playing with Shotguns recently and I have to say it is absolutely hopeless. You can shoot someone who is stood still 1/2 feet away from you and it doesn't do anything, no hit indicator or anything.

Are you using the Shotgun Slugs? They make a massive difference. Slugs and magnum ammo is just devestating, and if you take the combination as a Recon you're basically a stealthy kick in the balls. Sneak up through bushes, kill a guy from 20 meters away with the shotgun, hide in the bushes again to reload. Drop the odd meteor shower every now and then to mix things up. Rinse, repeat.

Back
Top Bottom