*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Associate
no, the coals are quite low and my system has double grates to help reduce flair ups. So the fat drips to a second plate, rather than directly onto the coals/gas elements

Handy to know as saw a few that were so close in the garden centre. Grillstream seems a lot more for your money than the Weber Gas versions. John Lewis also offer a rebranded version.

Caporegime
It's a sign. Saw a few BBQs* in B&Q yesterday and got introduced to dual fuel ones. Always had coal ones myself but appreciate the convience of a gas BBQ, plus we have a spare tank. My initial concern was also the coal tray seemed awfully close to the grill above. Looks like they're some good options to look into over the last page or two.

*eyeing up the Char-Broil Gas2Coal 330

Soldato
It's a sign. Saw a few BBQs* in B&Q yesterday and got introduced to dual fuel ones. Always had coal ones myself but appreciate the convience of a gas BBQ, plus we have a spare tank. My initial concern was also the coal tray seemed awfully close to the grill above. Looks like they're some good options to look into over the last page or two.

*eyeing up the Char-Broil Gas2Coal 330
this is very close the grillstream one that i have. With the grillstream you have a double layered grill to reduce flair ups and the food sits further up form the coals due to this. Works well for me, even smoked ribs on it for 6hrs, by removing the grills and adding more coals when needed.

Caporegime
this is very close the grillstream one that i have. With the grillstream you have a double layered grill to reduce flair ups and the food sits further up form the coals due to this. Works well for me, even smoked ribs on it for 6hrs, by removing the grills and adding more coals when needed.
Awesome, cheers. Watched a couple of videos to visualise the distance between the food and coals - looks better than the Gas2Coal. Liking the fat collection, modular circle burner in the middle, side burner. A shame that there doesn't seem to be enough space in the lower cupboard for a gas canister. Now to find a good price for the Grillstream 4 burner.

Edit - Grillstream hybrid 4 burner ordered :cool:. Cant' wait.

Last edited:
Soldato
Smells like next door are having a gourmet dinner, strong smell of petrol/lighter flyid and clouds of smoke. Mmm lovely.
Meanwhile I'm making a Thai green curry.

Last edited:
Soldato
Smells like next door are having a gourmet dinner, strong smell of petrol/lighter flyid and clouds of smoke. Mmm lovely.
Meanwhile I'm making a Thai green curry.
My missus called me a BBQ snob when I said the same thing on Sunday. All I could smell was burning lighter fluid coming from the various houses around me.

Soldato
The manufacturer of Thermapen sell refurbished ones on ebay for around £30 if thats any use? I bought one years ago, They sent two so gave one to a mate.

Mrs Chris ended up spotting Thermapen had the red colour (only) on offer, so got me one of those. Having now used it for a couple of BBQs, I realise I was probably completely over cooking everything! Burgers from our local butcher were really good cooked a little over medium.

Back
Top Bottom