*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Soldato
I let mine heat up to clean it and it backfired massively. I'm not sure how hot it got as the temp gauge only goes to 700F and it was way past that. I'm thinking 900-1000F. The cast iron grate ended up all rusty looking and all the inside of the lid was all peeling and I had to take a wire wheel to it all to clean it up.

Anyway, I made this before Christmas. First time since July and it turned out alright!

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

Soldato
Yeh, someone is onto a nice little earner no doubt. It's like the Cabrito goat meat, it's lovely but damn expensive, especially considering it's a by product of the dairy industry.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Yeah, reverse sear, Did a Sous Vide and Barbie with a friend last year.

Both were very nice but the reverse sear has a lot more depth to it, This is on kamado though so whatever smoke wood you decide to chuck in really comes across. I want to try peach wood but hard to find.

Anyway first barbicue of the year, Chicken Tandori, 2 hrs to cook 15mins to eat :)

Ickt5k9.jpg.png

Associate
I've been putting this together in my spare time.
It will be the 3rd one i've made, the first 2 weren't very good, but i've put more effort into this one and I'm looking forward to using it soon.
I have a coal basket already from my previous smokers, but my plans are to make an ash pan to make cleaning up easier, make some kind of framework so I can push it around, and also have a shelf on it somewhere.

Soldato
Came across these pizza oven kits for webber grills yesterday. Has anyone tried one? Or for that matter just the Webber pizza stone?

Kettle Pizza https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005SFJLOI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AWdxCbJ14482E

Onlyfire Pizza Conversion Kit
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0716NTN7M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bYdxCbWE4ADBP

By the time you've bought this, I think you'd be better with the Uuni 3. Can't imagine a charcoal fired pizza! Also, having the flames heating from the bottom compared to licking the top of the pizza as in the Uuni (or other oven) would probably make the toppings less good. Might be worth a try, but have been so impressed with the Uuni in my limited use of it, I couldn't imagine ever wanting to use my Weber for this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom