Official Crysis Demo thread

damn that super strength grenade through is a good idea. that would deffo come in handy.

just tried running in 32bit mode and cpu usage is the same as 64bit mode. performance seemed to be the same too.

one thing to add, 64bit mode uses up around 280mb more ram than 32bit mode does for me. incase someone wanted to know.

I play xbox 360 games most of the time but i am upgrading my pc now and have e6600 soon to be overclocked and watercooled bfg 680i mobo 2gb geil pc6400 but the weak link is my gfx card and when the demo is downloaded which it is doing now i will run the game and see how bad it is with a x1950 pro :o:p when finances permit i will get a new gfx card up to 200 notes so what do you reckon 8800 gts or 2900 pro ??? the gfx card will be watercooled also .

Does anyone use the mouse wheel to tilt? I'm trying to decide if it's the best way, but tilting the mousewheel and left-clicking at the same time is proving tricky!

you mean lean left/right?

On my Mx1000 I use the back/forward buttons for this, the middle button between those switches fire mode whilst middle mouse button is the suit menu :D

I play xbox 360 games most of the time but i am upgrading my pc now and have e6600 soon to be overclocked and watercooled bfg 680i mobo 2gb geil pc6400 but the weak link is my gfx card and when the demo is downloaded which it is doing now i will run the game and see how bad it is with a x1950 pro :o:p when finances permit i will get a new gfx card up to 200 notes so what do you reckon 8800 gts or 2900 pro ??? the gfx card will be watercooled also .

I'd go for an 8800gt, my bro got a 2900xt & compared to my 8800gtx it was really bad, got very hot & would not clock, he took it back after 20mins & got an ocuk 8800gtx.

you mean lean left/right?

On my Mx1000 I use the back/forward buttons for this, the middle button between those switches fire mode whilst middle mouse button is the suit menu :D

Yes I do mean lean left and right. The middle mouse button on my G5 is frankly terrible, but I'll forive it this fault for its other virtues! I'm also using the middle button as my suit menu, though sometimes I accidentally lean and inappropriate moments :p. From my CoD2 days I got used to the back button being "prone", and the forward button being "chuck grenade" so that's what I've stuck to for Crysis, but I'm not liking the lean being the side-to-side wheel function. I think I'll hold out for it though as it seems logical :).

54inwg7.jpg

I finally got around to playing the demo yesterday. To be honest, I wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it.

The graphics of this game absolutely blow me away, and this isn't even full graphics. My settings were at 1280x1024, no AA and all high setting apart from shadows, texture quality and objects quality, which were all medium. Walking through dense forest is truly amazing with lots of vegetation and amazing lighting effects. Floor textures look almost lifelike and the water is brilliant with some nice effects like bits of sea foam near the edge of rocks. Going for a swim in a game has never looked so nice!

The gameplay was really good and can be quite varied depending on what tactics and nano suit setting you decide to use.

The AI were pretty annoying, they seemed fairly dumb but with sometimes amazing senses. Like, for example, a boat that spotted me on one side of the map seemed to have super sight because even when I traveled to the other side of the map he knew exactly what bush I was hiding in from a mile away!

I was getting a steady 30-35fps on my system which consists of an C2D E6600, 8800GTS 320MB and 2GB RAM.

Overall I am very happy with Crysis and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Been playing for about a week and you've pretty much summed it up for me, too. I have a similar system (C2D 2.66GHz, 8800GTS 640MB, 3GB RAM) and the game runs at about 35FPS with all settings on High apart from shaders, which are set to to medium. 1280x1024, No AA/AF. Looks amazing, plays great, and I've got it on pre-order :)

http://cid-1898e718601853a7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/files/crysiscpu.png

i just ran the demo on my system, rez of 800x600 shaders to medium, post processing medium, shadows medium, water medium, everything else to high.

the game does use dual core. as i start walking around the cpu usage drops down.
and if i crank up the resolution to 1024x768 cpu usage takes a nosedive.

the demo deffo makes use of multi cores.

That's because 800x600 is a very low resolution whereby cpu performance is actually affected. Once you go above 1280x1024 gpu becomes the determining factor and with so many cheap lcd monitors available now 1280x1024 is the base gaming resolution now.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/intel_core_2_extreme_qx9650_penryn_performance/page11.asp

Look at the new penryn core it performs exactly THE SAME at 1600x1200 as an Athlon X2 6000+ Odd isn't it that QX9650 Penryn performs exactly the same as a X2 6000+ that costs almost 7 times cheaper :eek:

So for crysis the gpu becomes the only determining factor. QED ;)

Just enabled some of the advanced features like light shining through trees and higher res textures. Still runs sweet (20fps+-) and it looks absolutely stunning. Not been this impressed with game graphics since maybe farcry.

I wish I could play at 20fps, like how do you target an enemy when its got a realy bad stutter & with the smallest move of the mouse the cross-hair moves 2 foot to the right of a Korean soldier.

I know someone who has a similar rig to me & he sais he plays at very high 1280x1024 with 8x AA & its very smooth, so I think okay good for you :D

Back
Top Bottom