Official Crysis Demo thread

I haven't got time to read through all 59 pages of this thread. I just installed the demo and tried it out.

It is VERY laggy, almost unplayble on my system with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz
2GB 553Mhz RAM
256MB 7900GS GFX card

This is on Windows XP SP2, with ALL LOW SETTINGS... It doesn't look very good to be honest, nothing special, yet it is almost unplayable on low settings !
I was expecting it to be slightly laggy, but not unplayable, especially as my PC isn't exactly low-spec either...

256mb, 7900, that says it all really.

One thing I have to give a thumbs up to is that Crysis load times are super fast, it loads the whole level faster than TF2/CSS/HL2 etc etc in record timing. Amazing tbh.

Sadly a 7900 series card isn't really upto the job in games now adays, you could have a quad clocked at 5 gig( if possible) and crysis would strill run poor on a 7900 card.

OMG

4u90jts.gif

Waffle!

I haven't got time to read through all 59 pages of this thread. I just installed the demo and tried it out.

It is VERY laggy, almost unplayble on my system with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2Ghz
2GB 553Mhz RAM
256MB 7900GS GFX card

This is on Windows XP SP2, with ALL LOW SETTINGS... It doesn't look very good to be honest, nothing special, yet it is almost unplayable on low settings !
I was expecting it to be slightly laggy, but not unplayable, especially as my PC isn't exactly low-spec either...

Did u install latest drivers? A 7900 should be able to hold up to medium at least

And LOL mrk! I tried to do that with a box, but punching it... killed me instead

Last edited:
Sadly a 7900 series card isn't really upto the job in games now adays, you could have a quad clocked at 5 gig( if possible) and crysis would strill run poor on a 7900 card.

I'm running the Crysis demo albeit @ low I grant you, with an A64 3000, 2.5GB RAm and a 128MB 6800 LE.

Its very impressive, given the low settings & system spec. :cool:

Certainly an "Upgrade game" if ever there was one in my case! :o

is anyone else dissapointed by what crysis looks like.

First off, foliage, the textures look rubbish and all jagged, same with most of the textures, it also ssems to have a stupid white out line on everything.

Lots of graphics popping, with rocks items, bits of wood, textures changing.

General jaggied'ness, COD4 looks better in my opinion, and i was more impressed with far cry when i first saw it.

I think all the developer videos that came out up until recently painted this picture of pure graphical bliss,but its not like that and i feel let down, ok maybe my expectations are too high but it was crytek who upped them.

System
CPU - Core 2 duo, 2Ghz
GPU - Geforce 8800GT
RAM - 4GB
OS - Visat 64bit

Settings
32bit Dx10 (64 wont work stupid side-by-side error)
Resolution 1024x768
2xAA
All high except shadows and water

I have run it all on very high at about 15FPS and still wasnt overly impressed.

Luke

is anyone else dissapointed by what crysis looks like.

First off, foliage, the textures look rubbish and all jagged, same with most of the textures, it also ssems to have a stupid white out line on everything.

Lots of graphics popping, with rocks items, bits of wood, textures changing.

General jaggied'ness, COD4 looks better in my opinion, and i was more impressed with far cry when i first saw it.

I think all the developer videos that came out up until recently painted this picture of pure graphical bliss,but its not like that and i feel let down, ok maybe my expectations are too high but it was crytek who upped them.

System
CPU - Core 2 duo, 2Ghz
GPU - Geforce 8800GT
RAM - 4GB
OS - Visat 64bit

Settings
32bit Dx10 (64 wont work stupid side-by-side error)
Resolution 1024x768
2xAA
All high except shadows and water

I have run it all on very high at about 15FPS and still wasnt overly impressed.

Luke

should have got a GTX :rolleyes:

should have got a GTX :rolleyes:

Why should he get a GTX? Performance aint that much better in Crysis...

retrofly, I think your problem is Vista 32, try XP, atm in XP I was running all high, shadows and water set to medium, 1024x768, 2xAA, my fps was about 50 most of the time and 29 been the minimum when areas were loading, I put everything on very high next, took off AA, and fps was about 29 minimum and about 40 a lot of the time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom