Official Crysis Demo thread

Looks like FarCry to me, as i expected it to.

Shock Horror. Game made by the same people who made farcry on the sequel to the farcry engine looks similar :rolleyes:

Does it really matter?

Anyone running the crysis demo @1920x1200 everything on high no aa with a single 8800GTX please post your fps ?

On High I was getting a fairly solid 30fps, now I've got the hacks to use very high settings and its around 15-20 but looks immense :D

Shock Horror. Game made by the same people who made farcry on the sequel to the farcry engine looks similar :rolleyes:

Does it really matter?

On High I was getting a fairly solid 30fps, now I've got the hacks to use very high settings and its around 15-20 but looks immense :D
what fps did you get under vista all high 1920*1200 no aa ?

Why do people keep saying the game doesn't support multi-core?

Run the CPU benchmark with task manager open and watch... it uses all 4 cores!

You'll never get 100% usage across all cores, but it definately makes use of them all. Compare it to a single threaded game which CPU usage reads 25% (100 on one core and 0 on the others) - the demo is setup for multicore.

That may be for you, I get 1 core out my 2 Cores as about 40%, it should take 100%, and peeps on 4 Cores have showed same and put screenies up in here.

The game has CPU issues and thats all over the offical Crysis Forums, you must have a special PC or Demo. :p

Does it really matter?

It does to a lot of ppl, after all the vids were doing the rounds over the past few months, anyone dared to say 'it just looks like FarCry' got flamed to hell and back, like me, FarCry with a gfx mod slapped onto it to bring it up to date, and here we go again, they are coming, DIVE, DIVE, DIVE. :D:D:D

Last edited:
That may be for you, I get 1 core out my 2 Cores as about 40%, it should take 100%, and peeps on 4 Cores have showed same and put screenies up in here.

The game has CPU issues and thats all over the offical Crysis Forums, you must have a special PC or Demo. :p

Looks like it uses both cores on my setup, but my Crysis is a little tweaked ;)

I'm using a custom config that can be downloaded from here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/181952/180000/fileinfo/Cubans-Custom-Crysis-Configs

I'm on the High one.

More info about it Here:

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=245314#p245314

Be aware though, it will recompile the shaders which means the first time you run the game it will take an age to load, then when you get in game you'll have the "shaders compiling" textures for a while.

It's got the Very high settings enabled and runs a lot better than High settings, which is nice. :)

Back
Top Bottom