Official Crysis Demo thread

All settings on very high except shadows/shaders these are set to high. 1680 x 1050 res on Vista x64. Smooth as silk all the way through the demo. Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz, BFG 8800 GTX OC2. 4 Gig of ram.

Would you mind running the GPU benchmark (and CPU benchmark if you wouldn't mind)? I'm interested to see what your minimum and average FPS is with the above configuration.

My specs are as follows:
E6600 @ 3.4GHz
8800 GTX ACS3 KO
2GB Crucial Ballistix
Vista 64-bit

32-bit CPU Benchmark
Min: 18
Av: 28
Max: 34

32-bit GPU Benchmark
Min: 22
Av: 31
Max: 38

How do I run the benchmark Mansize ?

In the Bin32 folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Bin 32) run the Benchmark_GPU and Benchmark_CPU files.

Then, after each one has finished (which should be at the end of Loop 3, which is the 4th run) there should be 2text files, benchmark_gpu and benchmark_cpu, in the island folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Game\Levels\island). You'll then have to click on Compatibility Files in the toolbar to be able to view the files.

NINJA EDIT: Beaten to it!

on my current rig with all on low except physics (high) and water (high) and at 1280 X 1024.
I get between 20 and 30 FPS.... Dropping to 15 - 20 in a really heavy sequence.
Thing is though, has anyone noticed that even 20 - 25 FPS, which would be considered low in most games, feels atually very smooth.
You dont really need 60 FPS...

I've been hearing mixed opinions about these pre-edited configuration files, as in some are better than others. Which ones out there are good? I'd like to enable a lot of the very high effects for Shaders and Post-Processing Effects without the huge performance hit. I know I could do this all manually, but I'd just like to try out some of the .cfg files a lot of people are using. Can someone please point me in the direction of some of the better ones please?

try going to www.tweakguides.com
he has doen a very good guide which details lots of config files etc
Be warned though, Shader Quality is one of the heaviest settings in terms of performance hits - that and shadow quality. You need a SERIOUSLY meaty GPu to run very high shader quality

I've been hearing mixed opinions about these pre-edited configuration files, as in some are better than others. Which ones out there are good? I'd like to enable a lot of the very high effects for Shaders and Post-Processing Effects without the huge performance hit. I know I could do this all manually, but I'd just like to try out some of the .cfg files a lot of people are using. Can someone please point me in the direction of some of the better ones please?

http://www.fileplanet.com/181952/180...Crysis-Configs

Try those mate, im using the "High" ones, and it made the game much better looking and much more playable for me at those higher settings

Here you go:
My specs are as follows:
Q6600 @ 3.4GHz
8800 GTX OC2
4GB GeIL ram
Vista 64-bit
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Edge AA set to 1, All settings Very High except shadows/shaders set High.

CPU
Min 15
Ave 25
Max 34

GPU
Min 15
Ave 24
Max 35
Surprised me that, game is incredibly smooth and I am more than happy with it almost flat out. :)

Here you go:
My specs are as follows:
Q6600 @ 3.4GHz
8800 GTX OC2
4GB GeIL ram
Vista 64-bit
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Edge AA set to 1, All settings Very High except shadows/shaders set High.

CPU
Min 15
Ave 25
Max 34

GPU
Min 15
Ave 24
Max 35
Surprised me that, game is incredibly smooth and I am more than happy with it almost flat out. :)

With the same settings but running XP with:

e6300 @ 2.8
2x1gb DDR2 @ 800mhz
8800GT 512mb

I got...

CPU

Min - 16
Ave - 25
Max - 32

GPU

Min - 21
Ave - 29
Max - 35

May as well run the game in Dx9 and use the Very High config file that people use on XP, you gain FPS just by using Dx9 IIRC.

XP/Vista look identical when using that config.

Back
Top Bottom