Official Crysis Demo thread

If you don't right click it, it will just run in DirectX 10 by default on Vista if the hardware is present I think.

With the resoltion, I meant create a desktop shortcut and add the resolution command. The .exe's are located here, C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo, in either of Bin32 or Bin64 folders, of whichever version you use (32-Bit or 64-Bit).

Great stuff, thanks :) hopefully it will work..

I think there must be something wrong with my demo or drivers, etc. I am getting 7fps at medium settings with a 7900GS, 2GB RAM and a 2ghz Core2Duo.
The graphics also look pretty crap and very glitchly.

In this screenshot you can see some enemies, but can;t see that they are hiding behind rocks, etc.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5044/29529346kg3.jpg

Then when I look through the sites, the rocks suddenly appear. It's also like this when I walk along, objects suddenly appear randomly.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4869/78278148oa2.jpg

Also check out the FPS... that;s around 7-9 fps on medium settings and about 17fps at low settings.

Here are some more screenies, check out the lovely glitchy, buggy green sea...

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4743/30627210lk1.jpg

If I even attempt to try the settings at high, I can barely move the mouse and the fps is about 2fps... Something can't be right.

I think there must be something wrong with my demo or drivers, etc. I am getting 7fps at medium settings with a 7900GS, 2GB RAM and a 2ghz Core2Duo.
The graphics also look pretty crap and very glitchly.

In this screenshot you can see some enemies, but can;t see that they are hiding behind rocks, etc.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/5044/29529346kg3.jpg

Then when I look through the sites, the rocks suddenly appear. It's also like this when I walk along, objects suddenly appear randomly.

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4869/78278148oa2.jpg

Also check out the FPS... that;s around 7-9 fps on medium settings and about 17fps at low settings.

Here are some more screenies, check out the lovely glitchy, buggy green sea...

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/4743/30627210lk1.jpg

If I even attempt to try the settings at high, I can barely move the mouse and the fps is about 2fps... Something can't be right.

are you using AA?

I cant see the reason behind the moaning. If its running like a bag of ****, turn the detail down.

err are you joking? I have a year old GTX 8800! I should be able to play this next years games on MAX! 60FPS constant or its tosh /sarcasm

I enjoyed reading that short paragraph and think its one of the best post's on this thread.

err are you joking? I have a year old GTX 8800! I should be able to play this next years games on MAX! 60FPS constant or its tosh /sarcasm

I enjoyed reading that short paragraph and think its one of the best post's on this thread.

I dont quite see what your getting at. Yes you have a very good graphics card and you cant run the game at 60fps. So what.

I have the system in my sig, its not the best and its not the worst. I run Crysis with everything set to high (apart from post-processing). It runs at about 35 fps.

Not not once have a bitched about how crap that is. Im happy with it and i get on with my life.

I cant see the reason behind the moaning. If its running like a bag of ****, turn the detail down.

I already have details on LOW and I can;t even play the damn thing! I am getting 13fps with all low settings with a C2D, 2GB RAM and a 7900GS.
I can play games like BF2 on all high with even AA and AF and the CoD4 demo plays perfectly and looks awsome.
There clearly is some kind of issue with the demo, I just hope it isn't like this in the full game or it will suck.
My PC is less than 8 months old and I can't even play it...

I already have details on LOW and I can;t even play the damn thing! I am getting 13fps with all low settings with a C2D, 2GB RAM and a 7900GS.
I can play games like BF2 on all high with even AA and AF and the CoD4 demo plays perfectly and looks awsome.
There clearly is some kind of issue with the demo, I just hope it isn't like this in the full game or it will suck.

Well in that case i can see your point and can certainly understand your frustration.

Hey, I get these errors in the game now:

[Error] <Scaleform> ActionScript Memory leaks in movie 'Libs/UI/HUD_PDA_Map.gfx', including 2 string nodes [Libs/UI/HUD_PDA_Map.gfx]
[Error] <Scaleform> Leaked string content: '_level0.Root.PDAArea.Map_M.MapArea.Map.Map_G.MapBase', 'MapBase' [Libs/UI/HUD_PDA_Map.gfx]
[Error] <Scaleform> ActionScript Memory leaks in movie 'Libs/UI/HUD_PDA_Map.gfx', including 2 string nodes [Libs/UI/HUD_PDA_Map.gfx]
[Error] <Scaleform> Leaked string content: '_level0.Root.PDAArea.Map_M.MapArea.Map.Map_G.MapBase', 'MapBase' [Libs/UI/HUD_PDA_Map.gfx]
[net 00:44:25.312] Disconnect <local>:64087; profid=0; cause=17; msg='User left the game'
[net 00:44:25.312] Disconnect <local>:16; profid=0; cause=11; msg='Nub destroyed'
CGameClientChannel::Release
[Error] <Scaleform> ActionScript Memory leaks in movie 'Libs/UI/HUD_RadarCompassStealth.gfx', including 2 string nodes [Libs/UI/HUD_RadarCompassStealth.gfx]
[Error] <Scaleform> Leaked string content: '_level0.Root.MapArea.Map', 'Map' [Libs/UI/HUD_RadarCompassStealth.gfx]

I did have other errors, but I fixed them by manually extracting some files. But for some reason I can't rectify these?

Any ideas? Going to try another re-install now, but that didn't fix the issue last time...neither did a graphics driver re-install.

I dont quite see what your getting at. Yes you have a very good graphics card and you cant run the game at 60fps. So what.

I have the system in my sig, its not the best and its not the worst. I run Crysis with everything set to high (apart from post-processing). It runs at about 35 fps.

Not not once have a bitched about how crap that is. Im happy with it and i get on with my life.

I was agree'in with your post !

Its odd how different peeps are getting such varied FPS from similar setups.

I am playing with AMD 4000+, AGP card BLISS 512mb 7800GS+ & have everything on medium except water on high & it runs very well on XP Nvidia driver 169.04,
I tried messing with DX10 XP hack settings & got rainbow colours off the sea
& enhanced foliage effects & it still playable @ 1024 X 768 but not as fluid as without. Oddly, It runs even better at 1152X 864 for some reason
As for FPS I dont give a monkeys toss & haven't even bothered to check as I am using my eyes & previous games skill to know if its running properly or not.

Back
Top Bottom