Official Crysis Demo thread

I've downloaded the config files but I'm asked for a password to decompress them. I got them from fileplanet from the public servers as I'm not a member. I presume I should be able to use them without subscribing ?

The zonal vehicle damamge in this game sucks. Punch a jeep a few times in the door and it blows up! And i was so impressed when i heard that the only way to explode a jeep was to shoot the fuel tank.

The zonal vehicle damamge in this game sucks. Punch a jeep a few times in the door and it blows up! And i was so impressed when i heard that the only way to explode a jeep was to shoot the fuel tank.

Same happened with me and a boat. I was like WTF????

When they said they were aiming for a cinematic experience, I did not think they meant bad, old american movies where vehicles explode from bumps and scratches.

Anyone else noticed if you shoot a guy and his hat falls off, if you shoot the hat on the ground after, blood splurts out.

Also noticed last night some shadows are all wrong when carrying objects, barrels for example.

Tweak Guides have got a guide up for Crysis now. It's only for the demo but it says to 'check back regularly for updates'.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html

Overclocking: Crysis can be sensitive to overclocking. If you've overclocked any components on your system and are having problems such as crashes, reboots and graphical anomalies, the first thing to do is set everything back to default speeds and try running the game. If you don't experience the same problems at default speed, or they're reduced in severity, then your overclock is the primary culprit. Either permanently reduce your overclock and/or increase cooling to regain stability. Don't assume that because other games run with stability at a particular speed that Crysis will do the same.

Last edited:

Punching a tank in the fuel tanks blows up a tank (and you) too, where as a bullet to the fuel tank does nothing......you must punch really hard on this game.

I've had mixed results with the latest Nvidia drivers...

8800GTX, Core 2 Quad @ 3.2Ghz, 2Gb 9200 DDR2, Xi-Fi Gamer, 2x Raptor 160Gb in Raid 0 / Vista 32Bit Ult.

With 2x AA and 1680 * 1050 on high detail i'm getting about 25fps drops to 21 sometimes.

On Veryhigh i get about 18 - 22fps.

Hopefully the Dx10 drivers will get a speed boost, either that or i'm going to move to two GT's in SLI...

Back
Top Bottom