Official Crysis Demo thread

Just got about 29 average FPS on the demo at 1680x1050 with the Very High config, had Shadows on Medium however. (Min was 17 and max was 41)

GTX at 630/1900, dead chuffed I'm sure the full game will run even better.

Does anyone know how to get all the game working again at stock?

Haha...Basically I got shadows sticking out everywhere and random flickering of the screen, so it's unplayable...Weird.

I've re-installed the demo, re-installed my graphics card drivers as well, and left all the configs on default.

I may try re-installing my graphics drivers again, it's just a bit of a fiddle to do at the moment.

# double-tap CTRL to activate Cloak mode
# double-tap S for Armor mode
# double-tap Space for Strength mode
# double-tap SHIFT while pressing forward for Speed mode

lol

just realised where i got the link from :s

Just got an HD2900XT this afternoon which replaced an HIS Turbo edition X1950Pro for the intended purpose of playing this and CM Dirt (plus a few others) on decent settings ;):D I'm not an avid gamer by any means but playing this demo on my X1950Pro impressed me! and that was on low settings, Changed all the settings to high, 4X AA and at a res of 1280x1024 btw I am using a HD LCD TV with a res of 1360x768 set in CCC, does crysis support this res?

A rather low framerate of 20FPS but is still very much playable! :D:D

42a04b6c.jpg

6eb23765.jpg

5c76a7b4.jpg

09a82b04.jpg

Last edited:
fothsn, do you really need 4x AA? I would've thought that the performance benefits without it supersede the visual improvements gained from it. It'll even allow you to turn on some more of the eye candy.

True, it was set on 4 as default ill disable it and see if there is an improvement in the FPS to warrant it turned off. ATM I'm trying to work out how to get the native resolution of my screen (1366 x 768) the highest setting to select is 1280x1024 :confused:

Last edited:
You could try forcing it....

By adding something like "+r_width 800 +r_height 600" to the target path on your shortcut. obviously without the quote marks.

That, or make a system.cfg and put it in the crysis SP demo directory:

r_width=800
r_height=600

??? Up to you, don't know how it will work out though for widescreen.

But I believe you can alter your FOV as well.

**edit**

cl_fov <<<<<< That's the field of view command if you wish to play with that.

True, it was set on 4 as default ill disable it and see if there is an improvement in the FPS to warrant it turned off. ATM I'm trying to work out how to get the native resolution of my screen (1366 x 768) the highest setting to select is 1280x1024 :confused:

You can force your own resolution through a shortcut command line, just make the shortcut and add +r_width 1366 +r_height 768.

How is peoples performance using Vista? Mine runs terrible but on XP it runs pretty darn well even when using the Very High config.

On Vista even Medium is pretty laggy, infact Medium runs about the same as Very High does on XP!

You can force your own resolution through a shortcut command line, just make the shortcut and add +r_width 1366 +r_height 768.

Even when the Icon is in the Vista games folder? Looks like I might be getting somewhere as you can select to run in DX10 mode which brings me some different resolutions to select which are just about spot on, when you play the game in Vista does it automatically choose to run in DX10? As you need to right click and choose which DX version to run it under :confused:

93779722rt4.png

Last edited:
Even when the Icon is in the Vista games folder? Looks like I might be getting somewhere as you can select to run in DX10 mode which brings me some different resolutions to select which are just about spot on, when you play the game in Vista does it automatically choose to run in DX10? As you need to right click and choose which DX version to run it under :confused:

If you don't right click it, it will just run in DirectX 10 by default on Vista if the hardware is present I think.

With the resoltion, I meant create a desktop shortcut and add the resolution command. The .exe's are located here, C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo, in either of Bin32 or Bin64 folders, of whichever version you use (32-Bit or 64-Bit).

Back
Top Bottom