Official Crysis Demo thread

well i tried the modde cobfig files. loaded up and all the trees are wired colours. know some others were having this problem earlier in the thread, anyone know how to fix it?

Been playing with the editor, found the MP Beta level :)

Editor2007-11-0922-10-25-90.jpg

Editor2007-11-0922-03-03-39.jpg

Just wow, I used the CCC Very High configs and gosh they make a huge difference, getting well over 30fps on all but the cut-scenes now, very playable and looks fantastic!

How the hell do you fix memory error leaks people? :confused:

I've re-installed, deleted litereally everything from the system, including lost reg directories....Re-downloaded a fresh install of the demo...re-installed the 7.10's loads...

Just makes no sense.

just tried the demo...admitedly I haven't read through the 2600+ replies in this thread but am I the only one who is totally underwhelmed by crysis?

I was expecting something totally awesome and playing it it just feels incredibly average?

The gun fire is like an arcade game, no precision whatsoever, none of the kind of oomph that you'd get from say counterstrike 1.6 with an mp5. AI is rubbish even on highest setting and visuals are no where near as good as they were made out to be.

All in all, I'd say this is maybe 6/10 at most. Is it just me or is the general consensus similar to this? I'm wondering if I'm being harsh or just have unrealistic expectations.

Last edited:
I found that the CCC High didn't give me the sunlight beams or motion blur.

u get the sunbeams on CCC low setting (or at least I do)

Set everything to low in the options then copy the new settings over. Then dont play with the options settings. Adjust everything like res and whatever else in the autoconfig

just tried the demo...admitedly I haven't read through the 2600+ replies in this thread but am I the only one who is totally underwhelmed by crysis?

I was expecting something totally awesome and playing it it just feels incredibly average?

The gun fire is like an arcade game, no precision whatsoever, none of the kind of oomph that you'd get from say counterstrike 1.6 with an mp5. AI is rubbish even on highest setting and visuals are no where near as good as they were made out to be.

the gunfire is dependant on your pov. if you stand it isn't accurate, if you crouch it gets more accurate, and when you lie down, its dead on accurate.

its not like in 1.6 where you can just do a bunny hop, stand still for 0.1 sec and kill someone with a headhsot across the map.

imo this game is amazing, I have loved every part of the demo.

I disagree almost completely, I think it's a brilliant game however it does have its flaws.

Not least of these is the fact it can often take upwards of 10 hits to kill an enemy (numerous times I have shot the hat off of their head without so much as injuring them). Another bad point is the AI, it's certainly not the best I have seen; often they can be standing 20-30 feet away and looking right at you but won't notice anything, even when shot at.

I disagree almost completely, I think it's a brilliant game however it does have its flaws.

Not least of these is the fact it can often take upwards of 10 hits to kill an enemy (numerous times I have shot the hat off of their head without so much as injuring them). Another bad point is the AI, it's certainly not the best I have seen; often they can be standing 20-30 feet away and looking right at you but won't notice anything, even when shot at.

I have noticed this only in one scene, when you just come out of the forest ( where the one unit from your team gets killed) then you come out, see the sunrise, and you have to disable the beacon.

this is when one guy won't die on a large distance, no matter how many times I shoot him. I hope this is a beta bug.

I have some trouble with the CCC.

I installed and unzipped it, and read the readme. he says to take the config you want, which is the "high" config. he jsut says to copy this.... where to? where do I copy it? do I copy the folder with high, or just the configs? do I keep the old configs, or delete them :S:S

1. Have either a *LOW* *MED* or *HIGH* version of my config installed.

how do I install it? he doesn't even explain it :@.

css configs are 1000 times easier. :P

Back
Top Bottom