Official Crysis Demo thread

....yes because our world does actually have a purple haze :P

@sansnom: I have to disagree. I thought they got the gunplay spot on. Of all FPSs, you mentioned CS 1.6 so I'm guessing you're used to that style where you don't have to aim down the sights. To answer your question, there are a lot of different opinions about this game; some people felt really underwhelmed like you, and some people have played the demo many times over - I'm one of those people. I had to uninstall it because it was distracting me from doing really high priority work!

For those having problems with CCC, copy the HIGH cvars over the normal ones in your C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Game\Config\CVarGroups files.

Run the game, go into settings, set them all to low. Jump into a game, and it should all be working :)

Only issue i have with it is that the HUD doesnt get any AA and goes all jagged

Edit: I hope the patch improves performance & gets rid of the memory leaks im getting

Last edited:
New Crysis settings unlocked (unbelivable version)

CrysisHOLY.jpg

CrysisHOLYa.jpg

CrysisHOLYb.jpg

CrysisHOLYc.jpg

CrysisHOLYd.jpg

For those having problems with CCC, copy the HIGH cvars over the normal ones in your C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Game\Config\CVarGroups files.

Run the game, go into settings, set them all to low. Jump into a game, and it should all be working :)

Only issue i have with it is that the HUD doesnt get any AA and goes all jagged

Edit: I hope the patch improves performance & gets rid of the memory leaks im getting

Ooooh, you have to set the ingame settings to Low. See, I did not know that. Thank you.

So what about the autoexec.cfg file, what sort of settings need to be enabled in there?

So what about the autoexec.cfg file, what sort of settings need to be enabled in there?

Thats the bit thats confusing me as altho I got it working o.k its the GFX card ram bit that doesn't make sense, 1gb 2gb 4gb? lol

g_useProfile = 1
r_ShadersAsyncCompiling = 1
r_driver = "Dx9" *makes no difference unless u have DX10 gfx card under Vista
net_wmi_check_interval=0
r_VSync=1 *change to "0" or "1"
r_height = 720 *change this to the HEIGHT of the resolution you want to force
r_width = 1280 *change this to the WIDTH of the resolution you want to force
r_displayinfo = 1 * if you want to see your FPS and stuff(it is in in my ScreenShots)
sys_budget_videomem = 1024 *change this to you GFX card ram size in MB 1GB=1024 2GB=2048 4gb=4096
sys_budget_sysmem = 1536 *change this to your system ram size in MB
r_MultiGPU = 1 *change this to "0" if you DO NOT have SLI
r_GeomInstancing = 1 * helps with ram managing vegeatation

I'll have a look at it, still got my pre-order from months ago on though, I want the multiplayer but I really wanna check the performance of the full game.

Back
Top Bottom