Official Crysis Demo thread

Associate
Load the editor & select file/ open /island /& select island.cry

allow to load & then when the map loads go down to the beach & on the r/hand side select/ archetype entity / vehicles/ land/ & select any wTAc tank
& click & drag onto the beach , press ctrl & G & enter the tank, dont fire it anywhere near lol:p

thanks a lot.

is there a way to do this without still seeing the sandbox editor options? like proper fullscreen compared to the half ish screen?

Soldato
I think I may have found another bug...

crysis20071111170629xv0.jpg

Top of the tree stayed there after the trunk had been shot down.

Soldato

Ah yes I had that once :D. Was in a vehicle mounted turret playing with chopping down trees, chopping them and then chopping them again on their way down when one of them decided to stay there after the second chop :)

I think all bugs can be put down to aliens :p

Suspended
Can anyone tell me how to get the TAC Tank in The editor? Its not under my Entity>Vehicles list... do i need to refresh or anything since i downloaded the MP demo again?

Associate
anyone find that the CCC files made it worse, i could play on all high pretty well with the normal config, when i put the ccc files on it looks a tad better (god rays) but performance suffers, is this mainly for the xp users? Im using vista64 and reckon its made it worse.

Luke

Soldato
Quick question: Will I benefit from 2GB's extra RAM (to give 4 in total) when playing crysis (and for general system performance)? as Im on vista, which is pretty resource hungry.

I added 2GB to my current 2GB set and performance actually decreased in the Crysis demo! I used to be running an E6600 @ 3.4GHz, an 8800GTX ACS3 KO and 2x 1GB Crucial Ballistix and I got about 42FPS on the GPU benchmark with all settings on High and at 1280x1024. Now, with 4x 1GB I only get 40FPS.

anyone find that the CCC files made it worse, i could play on all high pretty well with the normal config, when i put the ccc files on it looks a tad better (god rays) but performance suffers, is this mainly for the xp users? Im using vista64 and reckon its made it worse.

Luke

What were you expecting if a lot of the Very High features are being enabled. It's just that the performance is better than if you were to use the Very High preset.

Soldato
Can anyone tell me how to get the TAC Tank in The editor? Its not under my Entity>Vehicles list... do i need to refresh or anything since i downloaded the MP demo again?

Go to archtype entity>vehicles>land>wtac tank near the bottom of the list

[IMiG]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/55/crysis20071111170629xv0.jpg[/IMG]

Had that too a few times, was gona post it too but lost the print screen.

Caporegime
I can also confirm that the retail does run abit smoother than the demo

:rolleyes:

Let me guess, another games reviewer that just got a "preview copy"?

Yet another thread with people obviously firing out hints that they have the warez version just to get an e-peen extension.

Associate
added 2GB to my current 2GB set and performance actually decreased in the Crysis demo! I used to be running an E6600 @ 3.4GHz, an 8800GTX ACS3 KO and 2x 1GB Crucial Ballistix and I got about 42FPS on the GPU benchmark with all settings on High and at 1280x1024. Now, with 4x 1GB I only get 40FPS.
Same, although i am using a 32bit version of xp (yes i know 32 bit os's only officially supports up to 2gb of ram..but id have thought it could have increased the performance a teensy wincy bit).

Associate

Luke

well, I copied all the cvars from the CCC, then I copy pasted the autoexec, but somehow performance got hit a lot (25fps avarage) but I didnt see any of the godrays in the woods :S

so I went back to the normal cvars.

Back
Top Bottom