Official Crysis Demo thread

Permabanned
Well I've now seen the full game on Vista x64 and the performance is far worse than it is in XP.

I was hoping this wouldn't be true but hey, I'll have to reboot to XP for my Crysis play it seems. :(

Last edited:
Permabanned
I haved asked this Q many time and I see others also have.

2GB v 4GB in Crysis.

Well some peep on GAMEFAQ's posted this.

" TO anyone who is curious, I decided to try the difference in fps with 2 and 4 GB of RAM... there is a a substantial difference in framerates. I got 30-35 fps with my settings with 2GB ram, and 35-43 fps with 4 GB RAM. A 5-7 fps boost isnt too much, until you consider that it is about a 20% increase XD. "

Permabanned
Well I've now seen the full game on Vista x64 and the performance is far worse than it is in XP.

I was hoping this wouldn't be true but hey, I'll have to reboot to XP for my Crysis play it seems. :(
I just switched to Dx9 and I gained a few FPS but it still trails behind XP with the CCC config and looks no different.

Last edited:
Associate
Crysis is now in stock at at an online supplier. Hopefully, my copy will be posted today (Monday 12th). This supplier usually post copies out early to allow for postal time. I'll probably have it by Wednesday!

Last edited:

Ste

Ste

Soldato
Yes they do.

And for those wondering about performance, level 'two' is far more demanding than the demo level! You'll want at least 35fps in the GPU demo for the second level to be anywhere near playable imo.

Time to drop those settings again =/

Awesome game though :)

Soldato
I haved asked this Q many time and I see others also have.

2GB v 4GB in Crysis.

Well some peep on GAMEFAQ's posted this.

" TO anyone who is curious, I decided to try the difference in fps with 2 and 4 GB of RAM... there is a a substantial difference in framerates. I got 30-35 fps with my settings with 2GB ram, and 35-43 fps with 4 GB RAM. A 5-7 fps boost isnt too much, until you consider that it is about a 20% increase XD. "

I wish I got a performance increase rather than losing 2 FPS which is what's currently happening after switching to 4GB.

Back
Top Bottom