Official Crysis Demo thread

Soldato
That's brilliant kentsangkh, 5-6 FPS boost in most places with nicer visuals :)

The only downside is a slight glow around your hands/gun when you're inside that I noticed.

Associate
holy smoly, those pics make the game look a 100*better ... damn ill have to install the demo again to try that ... nice work

*** ah im using vista... maybe thats why i dont see a diff*** but thx

have you tried the files? any performance and visual gain?

Nice work kentsangkh, looks amazing, shame i dont like playing at the low FPS my GTS chugs out! Mind you it averaged mid 20's low 30's so very well done!

With your GTS I assume you are playing at a lower resolution, you should manage to do mid 20's, or low 30's with high+my tweak. I dont like playing at low fps either, but I can't resist! crysis is so beautiful!

If you're referring to the CCC tweaks, these are a little different.

Cool stuff kentsangkh
Claimed also!

Welcome to the OcUK forums, read the FAQ, and enjoy your time here. :)

thx, hehe

That's brilliant kentsangkh, 5-6 FPS boost in most places with nicer visuals :)

The only downside is a slight glow around your hands/gun when you're inside that I noticed.

which pic are you refering to? i dont notice any?

Associate
kentsangkh, do these files use the same Shader settings as the Vista very high setting?

Also is there any need to 4XAA with these files? Ive noticed youve enable smoothedgeAA=2??

yes i use very high shader setting, basically i use all very high setting, and then modify through the commands in System.cfg, so this tweak is based on very high, you can also apply this tweak on high setting although i have no idea what would it look like.

i didnt use any AA as the performance hit is huge, i use r_useedgeaa=2 to make the distant trees looks better and without any major fps loss, you may apply r_useedgeaa=1 or =0 in the console to see how it looks, but i would prefer set edge AA = 2

Soldato
which pic are you refering to? i dont notice any?

It's not in your pics it's just something I noticed while playing.

Crysis-2007-11-14-22-57-32-.jpg

Associate
It's not in your pics it's just something I noticed while playing.

Crysis-2007-11-14-22-57-32-.jpg

i see, i didnt realize this effect when i was playing..

forgot to mention, this tweak would use more memory as r_TexturesStreaming=0 would make system load more texture during the game, so 2GB of ram is a must to use this tweak i believe

Soldato
Crysis (PC Games)

* Deliver to: Credit/debit Card Billing Address

£26.99

Packing

Cant Wait :D

Same here :D

kentsangkh, thanks for the file, but it didn't work. It's installed correctly because I can see a lot of difference, but my FPS has dropped through the floor, from about 25 down to 10-13. Im on Vista though (So DX10), and running an 8800GTS at 1280x1024.

Back
Top Bottom