Official Crysis Demo thread

I can't run any higher than medium settings on my C2D 3.2Ghz and 8800GTS 640MB, while the grahics are decent on medium I wouldn't rate them any higher than Bioshock tbh, which is quite dissapointing.

I've experianced a lot of bugs here :( AA not working, crashes at startup, shader corruption, poor performance etc.

It looks pretty good, but I don't really have the patience for all that carry on. I might just wait till xmas :p Seriously!

ive played it and i get over 55fps most of the time, dipped to 35ish when i got to the pink flare and looked at the trees but as soon as the flare went off screen my fps shot back up to 70ish!

Shaders on medium, post processing on low, everything else on high, 1280x1024, 320mb GTS, 2.8ghz c2d 2gb ram, very impressed!

Edit: This was with the new crysis drivers btw.

The new crysis driver seemed to affect the foliage, anything in the distace had a white edging to it which was very noticable Also performance went down for me when using them, could barely break 20fps.

Downloaded and installing now,
rig: e6600@ 3.2 // 2gb OCZ // 640mb 8800GTS
res: 1440x900
Using 169.71 beta driver (not the new ones) I will report back in half an hour or so.

Ok, so just played on all High with 4xAA, not 100% smooth in some big battle moments but pretty nice and playable on the whole, I'm happy.

Didnt bother with fraps, as many are saying it feels smooth even when fraps goes abit low.

Ps. I also believe even though very high is selectable its not actually on the demo for those saying they are using it.

Well just finshed it. Using the opimised settings it set them all to high which I thought was a bit opimistic so I lowerd the shadows to medium as I have heard they were a killer.

As it loaded up it was running amazing could not see very much slow down at all but as soon as I got into a firefight it just slowed way down with big drops. I would say in the firefights in was boarding on unplayable. :(

Going to try running it again but this time with fraps running just to get a better idea.

any particular recommendations for a quick driver update before this finishes it's download
HIS ATI Radeon X1950 pro 512MB

Suppose it's finally time to lose my other monitors and fire up crossfire. :D:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom