Official Crysis Demo thread

I beleve my system is being CPU limited as I droped the resolution down from 1680 x 1050 to 800 x 600 and only got a 6 FPS bump :( It seems that crysis likes it cache.

This demo is not using the cpu at all,

I have quad cores and it is using 40% of 1 core for the most part

FPS is poor even with a 8800GTS but man at least it looks good enough to justify it lol

sid

but why? crysis has a real story and is not just a series of missions, it looks better plus...it's different, cod4 is just the same as cod2 except modern time

I don't turn to games for stories. Books and movies have the best stories. Gameplay is what games are all about. I had more fun playing COD4 demo than the crysis demo. I still enjoyed the crysis demo a hella lot. Will buy the game for sure. ;)

Plays nicely for me, was suprised to find my E2140 @3.2ghz and gts320 performing so well.
Averageing ~25-30fps (which feels very playable) when everythings set to high, not sure itd perform aswell in vista under dx10 though.

Dissapointed you can't melee down trees :p
33fps in both benchmarks oh and 1680x1050

Last edited:
Played it for a bit, relatively impressed. People with fairly pants systems shouldn't worry too much: Dual Core Opteron 170 @ 2.6Ghz, 7950GX2 and 2Gb RAM. Runs nice and smooth at 1280x1024 with everything on "high" except shadows and shader quality. Unfortunately, the the thing that makes the game look really great is shader quality on high, but it gets too choppy.

I'm a bit worried that the game doesn't really play brilliantly though- nice effects and everything, it's just that I didn't have that "Wow" feeling that I had when playing Far Cry for the first time. Maybe things have moved on, maybe I've had too many ales.... who knows?

i ran it at 1920 by 1200, no aa, no af, and my system is

xp e6600 core 2 duo (not oc)
bfg 8800 gtx oc
2 gb of ram
xtremegamer sc

It was sublime, it didnt read silky smooth, but No Swearing! me it was better then i hoped for, the tree removal was fun, the physics where spot on.

I think i hovered between 30 and 40 fps, 20/15 at its lowest

I want to say more but im tired and too excited.

After a day of cynical post after post, i feel like ive lost a fiver, and found fifty quid

Night folks.

For me this is the best game i have ever played, i love it, i spent an hour just demolishing the make shift houses, the detail is simply astonishing, played it on vista and performance was rotten, not so bad when i dropped shaders down to medium and there were some graphical glitches, i then decided to boot up XP and try it on there and omg what a difference, it ran smooth as silk even in heavy action, everything was on high but i dropped the shaders down to medium because i prefer the extra fps over the little extra detail you get on high but it still looked like the best thing ever.:D

I burnt me eggs and i went nuts lol.:p

Well after playing the demo for 5 mins i was unhappy with the performance. maybe i need to tweak around with the settings.

In the mean time i'm having more fun playing Half life 2 EP2.

mmmmmm smoooooth

Not sure what to think really. It feels a hell of a lot like Far Cry. :D

Performance is good, 1600x1200 16xAF High Settings (including shadows) was quite playable, but threatened to drop into unplayable during driving and gunfights.

I think i'll need a new card, but anyone with a 2900/8800 should be more than happy.

Not run the benchmark yet. But in the game I'm getting 10-15FPS everything on medium (apart from shaders which is on high, otherwise everything is transparent) at 1680, no AA, 16AF.

Gameplay seems excellent but I hope they can get the performance up before launch, otherwise I may leave it till next year.

Back
Top Bottom