Official Crysis Demo thread

Oh my God! This game is awesome!

You can ramp up the detail and get good performance providing that you can live without AA. When it comes to having either AA or eye candy, I'll take the extra eye candy every time.

Very atmospheric. Moreso than FEAR. The part in the jungle, prior to the radar jammer takedown was extremely tense.

Yep to play this game with any sort of AA @ res higher than 1280x1024 your going to need kit which isn't out yet

I can live without the AA though and it's performing incredibly well @ 1680x1050

Will play with DX10 tmo.

Thanks to the downloads posted in this thread was able to download the demo very quickly so thanks to those who posted up the links.

Impressed by the demo don't know my fps but using a Q6600, 4GB RAM, 8800GTX, 64bit vista runs smooth and pretty nicely overall. Can't seem to run the DX10 version though hangs straight away after trying to run and that is with the latest drivers.

Some things in the demo I was not expecting like the creepy feeling when in deep in the woods, did not have that sort of feeling when I played farcry. Also all of the cutscenes are really well done.

Screenies I took, the game does look amazing especially on VH.

First Four screenies are dx10 High.

crysis1.jpg

crysis2.jpg

crysis3.jpg

crysis4.jpg

Second lot of 4 are dx10 Very High

crysis5.jpg

crysis6.jpg

crysis7.jpg

crysis8.jpg

Last edited:
Im running crysis demo over 1600*1200 res directx 10 shaders VH everything else high getting around 20FPS no aa slightly stutters anyone getting over 20 FPS ?

spec Vista 64 bit [email protected],8800GTX ,4gigs ram latest Drivers

Last edited:
I'm getting around 25-35 FPS with everything on high, bar shaders and post processing, which are set to medium + 2xAA.

Feels very smooth.

Dropping the AA gives me an extra 3-4 FPS.

Specs are:

8800GTX @ 650/1450/2000

C2D @ 3.4GHz

2GB RAM

1920x1200

XP

:)

I think I found the sweetspot- Everything on very high- shadows on medium and game effects on high no AA, 1680x1050- very smooth :)

Spec- [email protected], 8GB PC5400 DDR2, 8800GTX OC2, Vista 64-bit HP
DX10, 32bit mode, 1680x1050

Just played it a bit at 1920x1200, 2xAA, High settings using the exe in bin32. Usually I try to play all my games at that res no matter what but I think for this I might have to make an exception... it's not perfect but it is playable.

Any idea how to get the fps to show up in the console? Or should I just use something else to find out what I'm getting?

mine is very chuggy on very high, high and meduim and low is just ugly:(

The installer told me to dl this window update for my 4gb of ram. Didnt read it properly do you think thats the problem:confused:

Maxing my connection (4Mbit/sec) over at filefront.com, also they seem to have two different downloads, one at ~700ish mb and the other at 1.7GB, I went for the big one, anybody care to confirm I am getting the correct one?

Just played it a bit at 1920x1200, 2xAA, High settings using the exe in bin32. Usually I try to play all my games at that res no matter what but I think for this I might have to make an exception... it's not perfect but it is playable.

Any idea how to get the fps to show up in the console? Or should I just use something else to find out what I'm getting?
Fraps, as said above.

Back
Top Bottom