Official Crysis Demo thread

My game crashes after the opening cutscene. Says omething about the Koreans getting more than they bargained etc. and screen goes blank.

Apple should just take MS out of their Misery. I am not going pc ever again. Also looks like the graphics arent as good as promised and the performance requirements are much higher than Crytek boasted. :mad:

MS and co. further take pc gaming down the *******.

Got in 1.00, kicked off the download at 1.15 was downloaded by 2.00 and just finished my first go at it and first signs are very positive. It's actually a far better single player game than I was expecting and the graphics are well and truly living up to their reputation.

Only thing that does confuse me is why I cant set the res to 1680 x 1050 :confused: But I guess that's something that I'll have to investigate tomorrow :D

My game crashes after the opening cutscene. Says omething about the Koreans getting more than they bargained etc. and screen goes blank.

Apple should just take MS out of their Misery. I am not going pc ever again. Also looks like the graphics arent as good as promised and the performance requirements are much higher than Crytek boasted. :mad:

MS and co. further take pc gaming down the *******.

yeh your right. this game made by Crytek and published by EA. damn microsoft. :mad: how the flip could they?

however on the more sane level of the mind, wasnt it stated that crysis would actually have a performance boost in vista? one can assume its graphics drivers or the retail will be different through patches? still vista does seem to be a big hitter.

Well I've had a good mess about with it for a couple of hours and I really like it. I'm sure I'll get tired of chopping down tree's with my rifle at some point, and looking at the beautiful sunrise. It impressed me a lot actually, and ran much better than I thought, as the MP demo was awful for me.

I ran it at 1920x1200 with everything on high and no AA in xp pro. I was getting on average between 25-30fps and it all looked great. I'm looking forward to it a lot more now.

Good demo!

this is by far the best game i have ever played, or will ever play in the future. its just breathtaking.

make sure you lot pay for this game, don;t do the dodgey downloads on it. crytek do well and truly deserve the money for this masterpeice.
a true milestone in the pc gaming era. can;t wait for the colsole cousins to come round next time, ill show them what the pc is really made for.... CRYSIS.

Anyone running in DX10 and tried shooting down trees and shrubs ?,

I didnt but when they koreans opened up on me with a mounted gun and took down some trees I have to say I was impressed.

Its a very pretty game and it runs ok on my PC ([email protected] 8800GTX 2gig of ram and vista 64bit) Im only running at 1240,1024 as im on a 19" L90D for now (welll 2 of them actually but..)

Everything on very high AA turned off.

The reason I asked is I don't have any DX10 hardware ATM and was simply wondering what I might miss, I thought the distructable trees was only DX10 ?

This link has probably been posted before but i got the demo from

http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe

Maxed my conn at 600k all the way!

Ta mate.

Unplayable at 1650*1250 or whatever the 16:10 resolution is at medium.

Low isn't fantastic either.

XP3500+
2GB Ram
7800GT

Sound doesn't work either, all choppy like bioshock.

Oh dear.....

A64 3000+ Gigabyte Nforce 3 Board 2.5 GB DDR 400 & Geforce 6800 LE.....

Downloading the demo anyway - Bioshock was ok on low for me though?

Last edited:
1440x900 all set to high, except shadows medium, shaders, very high, no AA.
C2D E6750, 3GB DDR2, 8800GTS 640MB, all stock. Vista 32, latest Nvidia beta.

Runs ok, gfx fan was up n down all time but after a while my pc started beeping! Exited game and temps looked fine, so restarted game... no probs, gfx temp peaked at 65c
:confused:

holy crap, its very very very very pretty. theres only one thing i don't like, in real life, the human eye can easily notice things like people walking through bushes, on a computer screen, very overly busy scenery, loads of grass, bushes and tree's, it becomes very hard to see people, and stupidly hard to find ammo and dead guys to loot off. loads of games have gone ott on it though.

but other than that, so far, very good impression. could do with more hardware to run it on, but you can plainly see from how good it looks that its just a hard core game graphically, rather than being badly optimised or anything.

1min 30 seconds remaining. Watch my m8's GTX get suffocated by my RAM at 1600x1200. Testing his card for him for the night (nice timing for the demo!!).

If you've gave it a thumbs up DM then I'm happy :). I'm looking forward to the demo.

Back
Top Bottom