Official Crysis Demo thread

bah, i can't even try this. sound stutters like crazy even on the menu. looks like i might have to install xp. :mad: (currently have vista32/audigy2)

looks like it was a vista/audigy problem. installed xp and the sound is ok. i also noticed there are some timedemo thingies in

\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis SP Demo\Bin32

my results with a measly pentium m @ 2.6ghz/1950pro agp @ stock/2gb ram

all details on medium, 1440x900, no aa/af, CCC at default. it's not pretty. :o

gpu bench
b69fd47b86c20c647ac3bb7d42279970.png

cpu bench
b5c90967f8988d3e767b57a8b2c9cc87.png

Well looking at the CPU usage it seems I'm very GPU limited with a 320MB GTS, there's just not enough power in this card to run in DX10 mode smoothly - the CPU cores were all being utilised as Crytek had described (for physics stuff etc) and the fluidity/load times and lack of lag/stuttering prove that I have enough RAM and CPU power to handle this even on very high but my GFX card is just limiting the average FPS down to a paltry 20-30.

cpuusage.jpg

Need magic nvidia drivers or a 10.1 card, now!

Last edited:
Think I'm gonna wait for the next gen of cards to hit before bothering with this. The demo defaults to max settings on my rig but its no where near playable, which is only to be expected I guess. Could always turn a few settings down a notch or two but I'd rather wait a bit longer to play it in all its glory. Roll on 8900gtx.

The screenshot below was taken in dx9/xp on a q6600 @ 3.4ghz, 2gb cellshock, p5k deluxe and 8800gts 640mb. Not sure what the framerates were but they weren't what I'd call healthy, even at the low reso of my 26" sammy r8 - 1360 x 768.

/ Bizarre rushes back off to tf2. :)

Last edited:
I was playing on a x1950pro and used high detail with low res. Looks great, plays great and very involving.
Its certainly as good as the original

Im playing it on delta difficulty so its a bit extreme but still doable, classic moment is diving to the ground in the little hut with everything on the shelves getting blown to bits by the guy on a 50 cal outside.

Crysis demo performance and opinion.

it seems to run pretty good, i cant imagine how bad it runs on less than a GTX though. I cant see the fps but it seems semi-smooth, a little bit of tearing so i reckon it must be in the 40-50 fps range at a guess.

To be honest, the game looks good. But what stands out the most is the character models, the game world doesnt really impress me much.. i mean the rocks and stuff, look a bit bland. I was running on med settings though, i see no point in trying high because it will probably run poorly, the game is only just running smoothly on med settings as it is.

I'll probably enjoy SOF payback more than i would this game, thought ive only played around 10 min worth of the demo so far. Seems like its more of a tech showoff than an actual game, but thats just my opinion so far and i havent played much of it so im sure that will change.

E6600 @ 3.2
4GB of OCZ Reaper
8800GTX Stock

Juts played demo on XP all high settings and it was not smooth . latest xp drivers
Downloading fir Vista now of filplanet only getting 300KB so 2 hours to go .

This game is gonna test some riggs to the max

I actually dreamt last night that this game ran like cack.Let us all hope otherwise as crysis is one of the reasons i built my rig, probly same as everyone else. well i guess i will find out soon enough. 474kb from gamershell

-

Im not even going to bother getting this with a 24inch 1900x1200 monitor and a 6800gfx card and a 3 year old cpu.

Gonna wait for Nvidia's next gfx card along with a quad core cpu and 4gig of ram.

quad core and 4gb ram loves this game, load times are super fast and no real stuttering during gameplay - it just needs a sublime GFX card to run at a decent FPS !

Back
Top Bottom