Official Crysis Demo thread

I've just installed and come across a problem. I don't really want to read through 38 pages to see if someone else has had this issue so I'll just ask away.

Basically when the game starts, my textures are this: http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/6/10/27/f_lamem_d9d1a47.jpg

I'm going to update my drivers (definitely out of date, TF2 asks me to update each time I load it up). I'm just curious if there's a setting or something that might be causing it.

update the drivers and check.

Gentlemen I do believe we have a first. For the first time ever no hardware on the market can handle the technology of a game. Crysis owns joo !!!!

And considering some of the uber ice cooled overclocked systems some of you have thats quite an achievment is it not ?

bit disappointed tbh, looks pretty nice and all that (2560x1600 with med/high on Q6600@3Ghz, 4GB, SLIed 8800GTXs) but doesnt really seem to offer anything more than Farcry beyond being able to shoot down trees. Also the enemies seem to take a ridiculous number of bullets to go down, made even worse if you use the silencer.

Hope the full game offers a bit more as the prospect of playing this was a large reason for upgrading my PC :(

I may have been a bit premature in my statement earlier, vista dx9 is actually 4fps faster on average at 34fps on High 1280x1024 so ill be sticking with vista dx9 when I buy the full version :p. Very very smooth :).

I think in all honesty nobody can rate the demo anyways. Buy the full game, play it through then see how the score improves.

in all honesty they/we/i can rate the demo as its playable and is from the actual game .. after all this is an official release which gives you a taster of the gameplay and engine , to think otherwise is being naive for the sake of it
and like ive stated i will play through the game as see how that compares, but my personal score is just what i think so dont get carried away

Absolutely amazing game! The shoot outs are really tense, I love all the scenery being shot to pieces as you take cover behind trees and crates. Plus love punching the enemey rofl.

Why is there soo many good games this year, there just isn't enough time to play them all:confused:

:p

to be honest i can see where eekfek is coming from. The game feels nearly exactly the same as farcry to me - a game i didn't really enjoy that much. The AI isn't the smartest thing in the world, the suit energy runs out far too quickly to actually do anything impressive with it, in fact it breaks up the action more often than not - for example the fact you need to crouch in order to use the stealth mode for any decent length of time, i want to be able to run around the enemy and flank them, not crawl next to them. The firefights don't feel that intense to me, i just hide behind a rock and let them run around the corner into my line of fire, if i do feel adventurous and go in for a headlong firefight it still isn't that exciting.

Hopefully they will introduce a suit upgrading system where you get more energy for skills in the full game, the weapon mod system is brilliant, it actually makes you think about what you should use for certain situations and as we all know the engine is truly groundbreaking.

This is course it only my opinion, if you don't agree then fair enough.

Loving this demo so much. So much playability in it and it looks beast.

Running perfectly smooth all settings high at 1280x1024 for me.

Using:
8800GTS 320
E2140 @ 2.8
2gb Crucial Ballistix
XP

Streeteh you summed it up perfectly there.

On another note, if during the GPU benchmarks you are getting the same FPS on low/medium and high, give or take a few - this would point to a huge CPU bottleneck?

The Island looks real, the peeps dont look that good and the suits powers runs out too soon as said above.

Its near same as FarCry with a facelift. IMO, they need major tweak it as its too resource hundry right now.

Back
Top Bottom