Official Crysis Demo thread

well it runs great, very smooth and has some nice touches but .... i didnt like farcry and this is the same with a new gfx engine, the AI is easy to kid and i all i could think about whilst playing was 'im missing out on some team fortress2 playtime' ... the novelty value is good with the suit and destructible trees but its missing something which i can only put down to the hype ...

surely one day someone will forget about the garnish and write a truly groundbreaking game like Deus Ex/ss2 or dare i say half-life but until then they will sit head and shoulders above all else

i know a few peeps who have it on pre-order so ill be able to play the full game, but until then knowing this is a demo ill say 5/10

I'm finding it really unbelievably hard to see where your getting that score from? lol 5/10? its 10 all week m8.

I cant help worrying when I see this... ffs

/snip

White trees... anyone else had it ? :confused: might try reinstall

Was working fine all day till now

i tried the new drivers and got that problem, so went back to whats been most stable for me , 163.71 drivers and that problem went

Runs at 30fps with everything on high @ 1680x1050, execpt from textures and shadows, which are on medium. Crysis > my GTS 320.

I swore when I saw/heard the TAC in action. Those 'screams' are really cool.

Hmm seems the editor lets you save map[s but not changes to it, i bunged a load of new weapons into it and saved it. Reloaded it in the editor and they were gone :( Which makes me wonder whys it let you save them in the first place if the changes aren't saved. :confused:

I cant help worrying when I see this... ffs

crysis2007102719065926mx6.jpg

White trees... anyone else had it ? :confused: might try reinstall

Was working fine all day till now

I got that with the new nvidia crysis drivers.

I'm finding it really unbelievably hard to see where your getting that score from? lol 5/10? its 10 all week m8.

each to their own, i prefer substance over aesthetics plus im an old git so dont fall for the garnish tbh ... like i said its great in the gfx department but ever since Deus Ex i havent played anything that can compare or offer me a truly great experience .. i know on some forums ive seen people say things like 'omg most amazing game ever !!!' which you have to take with a pinch of salt i guess, but im being honest, i have played better

I get that on a BF2 mod, its related to draw distance. Its nothing to do with hardware artifacts, its just a logical problem that occurs.
Something to do with scaling, in the same way a circle can resemble a diamond at distance and all sorts of other weird stuff. Its purely software based afaik.
If they can solve it and make things look pretty then they can massivly increase your fps, so no doubt it'll be improved in future driver versions, etc

each to their own, i prefer substance over aesthetics plus im an old git so dont fall for the garnish tbh ... like i said its great in the gfx department but ever since Deus Ex i havent played anything that can compare or offer me a truly great experience .. i know on some forums ive seen people say things like 'omg most amazing game ever !!!' which you have to take with a pinch of salt i guess, but im being honest, i have played better

aye theres nothing new here, The suit? dark forces 2 had similar powers, The weapons - various mods dues ex, system shock etc. The graphics are the only thing this game has going for it. The gameplay is pretty much the same as far cry bar the jedi powe... err fancy dress suite.

I came expecting that from the game, but the predator-esque introduction was fantastic. I hope they play on that a bit more because the original predator is a classic. There will undoubtedly be some sort of predator mod.

And then as i moved on i thought this could be rather generic shooter action. But the fact that you have the suit tactics and weapon tactics and free-roam meant i could do pretty much what i wanted. I think they could get the SP just right.

None of that above is true about Crysis not running on current hardware, there was a interview with the DEV's months ago and they said a 8600GTS can run it at high and to run it higher you need better cards (ie 8800's I imagine).

Either they are full of BS or the demo is major buggy like the MP beta demo.

I would love someone who is playing it at high res with good settings getting good FPS and on 4GB of RAM to try with 2GB of RAM. (cause FEAR was like this when new, needed 2GB to max settings or lagged, if it works I again try and get a good 4GB Kit, 3rd time lucky for me).

I came expecting that from the game, but the predator-esque introduction was fantastic. I hope they play on that a bit more because the original predator is a classic. There will undoubtedly be some sort of predator mod.

And then as i moved on i thought this could be rather generic shooter action. But the fact that you have the suit tactics and weapon tactics and free-roam meant i could do pretty much what i wanted. I think they could get the SP just right.

Agreed if they let me do what i want when i want i be happy.

yep i hear what your saying and hopefully the sp campaign will play on the abilities but apart from the suit its farcry without monsters

ibot has valid points also, its all been done before but i dont mind games borrowing the best bits from others as long as they work afterall nothing is totally original these days

im not being negative towards Crysis for the sake of it, im just telling it from my point of view and i certainly wouldnt say it was bad ... lets face it, Crysis will offer tons more gameplay than say the latest churn on the consoles and thats great .. the mod community will relish playing with the editor so who knows it could still turn out to be the triple A title it boasts to be

the things they was saying like "one leaf on a tree is more complex than the whole of farcry", it made me expect more.

but its great anyways best game engine there currently is.

how do i add surface textures in the editor? lol i cant seem to even add a texture, i can create terrain but not textures for the floor etc

Almost the same screenshot as you oll
but had to take one of this

thing is the weapon models seem to be missing parts, doest show up in screenies but while gaming looks like ive just picked up a stripped down gun, no barrel or stock and the fps inst nice at all, the opening fmv of the plane was 8 fps :eek:

well just download the demo and i'm not impressed so far.

I've got 2 monitors and it seems to want to run at the rez of my 17" which is my seccondry display but it open Crysis on my primary (which I want) and is a 24" (1900x1200) and when trying to select items on the menu there not lining up with where i've got the mouse as if the images is streatched on my 24" but in reality its the rez of my 17".

Any ideas what the hell is going on and how to fix this ?

Back
Top Bottom