** Official Days Gone Thread **

Associate
Got there, it may vary from game to game depending on how much you've unlocked during the story, was way more than a mission or 2 for me. All good fun though. Just about all done apart now from the many hordes that have sprung up on the map. Not sure I'll bother with them immediately, too many other games in my queue to play! But I'll come back to them.

Caporegime
I picked this up now that it's cheaper and damn, it's better than Red Dead Redemption 2 in pretty much every department and yet that game was hyped to hell. Travelling on the bike is fun and unlike RDR2 you aren't fighting against some kind of auto-steering system, combat is fun both melee and ranged. The enemies are varied, the random encounters makes the game feel alive. I'd say it captures the Walking Dead universe perfectly for any fans (the early seasons that is before it became a joke).

Soldato
Days Gone - Old Sawmill Dynamic Theme (PS4) Free @ PlayStation Store
  • US, Canada, LatAm: G98M-2AN3-L6L4
  • Europe: QG4H-NMNN-N7P2
  • Japan: 3BLE-QEN4-2HDL
  • Korea: M57A-FNNQ-AH5F
  • Asia: E775-GENL-M6CQ
Today only.

Soldato
Hi all, just picked this up for something to play casually over the christmas period. Not far into the game, just met Copeland at his camp and have been running a few missions for him. Question though - seems like there is an awful lot of having to travel between two points on the map which are very far apart.......'go here, pick this up and return to here' sort of gig. Is there not a fast travel option available for map points? I see fast travel listed when I hover over certain points on the map but its highlighted in red and says its not available? What do I need to do to enable it, or does it not activate until you are further into the story?

Soldato
Hi all, just picked this up for something to play casually over the christmas period. Not far into the game, just met Copeland at his camp and have been running a few missions for him. Question though - seems like there is an awful lot of having to travel between two points on the map which are very far apart.......'go here, pick this up and return to here' sort of gig. Is there not a fast travel option available for map points? I see fast travel listed when I hover over certain points on the map but its highlighted in red and says its not available? What do I need to do to enable it, or does it not activate until you are further into the story?

There is fast travel between camps, but you need enough fuel (and a large enough tank) to be able to make the journey so upgrade those as a priority. I think the game does somewhat force you to make the trips in real time to start with so you'll get a feel for it and explore.

Soldato
There is fast travel between camps, but you need enough fuel (and a large enough tank) to be able to make the journey so upgrade those as a priority. I think the game does somewhat force you to make the trips in real time to start with so you'll get a feel for it and explore.

Also you cannot fast travel to somewhere that has quarantine zones en route. You will have to fast travel to the closest fast travel point then continue or clear out all of the nests in the area and then you can fast travel past that point with no issues in the future.

I flipping love this game. I have platinum and have finished it 3 times now. :)

Soldato
You gotta clear infestations before you can fast travel. It’s worth it though!

edit. This was my game of the gen. For sure. Deek was great. The story was engaging for me. And the challenge was just right.

Soldato
Thanks, folks. I'll pay more attention to the infestation areas now in that case. If I was on a story mission that took me past a load of nests I'd usually just ignore them and continue on my way but I'll get burning them down now!!

Still really liking it, not sure about the story so far as it does appear a bit disjointed but I am guessing that it all starts tallying up shortly from the stage I am at.

Soldato
Tried twice to get into this game, just stop playing when I start getting mobbed, just bores me. Rest of the gameplay I was enjoying though.

Soldato
Tried twice to get into this game, just stop playing when I start getting mobbed, just bores me. Rest of the gameplay I was enjoying though.
Mobbed ? You need to tackle enemy camps with stealth. same with the freakers (apart from hordes)

It’s well worth sticking out. I thought the story, while a tad too long, was excellent.

Soldato
Mobbed ? You need to tackle enemy camps with stealth. same with the freakers (apart from hordes)

It’s well worth sticking out. I thought the story, while a tad too long, was excellent.
It was in a cave which has one of those Nero things in it. There must have been a hundred of them, zero chance.

Soldato
It was in a cave which has one of those Nero things in it. There must have been a hundred of them, zero chance.
Yeah, that’s a mini horde. I’d come back later once you’ve got an LMG. And some traps like proximity bombs etc.

edit - it’s well worth sticking it out. Even if you feel underpowered right now. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom