** Official Days Gone Thread **

Permabanned
I've just watched it on YouTube.

There's one thing that doesn't seem to have been asked or answered in the game - how are some people infected but not the whole population? And how is the virus even transmitted?

More importantly is why does he even want to find Sarah. He hates her so much he makes up a wife called beth ffs.

And why does he seem so bothered when he thinks booze is dead? He spent the whole first half of the game making excuses on why he can't go on holiday with him up north

Associate
I have napalm and the machine gun which one shots zombies. Not sure if there is anything else to get. I am talking simply about the stale zombie horde mechanic that is in many games, waves and waves of big groups or just loads of zombies, I'm not sure why this is confusing. State of Decay is perhaps a better comparison as it's third person.

So basically you are like 10 hours in if that? Sorry but it does't sound like you can comment very much if you've barely played it. There are heavy machine guns with huge clips and bombs and loads of weapons. its nothing like left 4 dead. The hordes in this game are 1 massive entity, they all follow each other they are like a swarm. How is that anythng like what ya comparing to?

Soldato
So basically you are like 10 hours in if that? Sorry but it does't sound like you can comment very much if you've barely played it. There are heavy machine guns with huge clips and bombs and loads of weapons. its nothing like left 4 dead. The hordes in this game are 1 massive entity, they all follow each other they are like a swarm. How is that anythng like what ya comparing to?

No I'm about 50 hours in with the bottom map 99% explored. Where the hell did you get ten hours from lol. It's clear neither of us are going to understand so let's just drop it. You were nearly there when you wrote swarm though, so close!

Ps. There are no heavy machine guns. There are two light ones and they aren't even close to being the best weapons, albeit handy. And the MG55 is locked behind clearing most of the hordes in the first place which is really clever.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought this a while back super cheap on eBay. Picked it up again at the weekend and spent a good few hours on it after completing the training missions several months ago. Normally once I put a game down I rarely go back to it but wanted to give this a chance on my seldom used PS4. Thoroughly enjoying it so far and I've only scratched the surface. Cleared out a couple of nest locations although really struggling with the third one, 3 camps and a couple of Nero sites. Spent a handful of skill points. I feel I am at the stage where life is precious, I die easily and resources are scarce! Bike barely gets 2km on a full tank and I use a gun as an absolute last resort. I've always disliked stealthy games as I have never had the patience but had a covid week off work earlier this year and blasted through the Hitman series on Gamepass so feel I have a new skill! :D
Game is a little dated but still runs well and looks good, control system I find a bit clunky but I have never really liked the PS4 controller compared to the xbox. I generally have my melee weapon in hand at all times but then if I do a stealth kill Deacon automatically equips the assault rifle - have to bring up the wheel and change it otherwise it gives my position away. Hate the wolves too, is there any need? Game is tricky enough already.

Soldato
I found a rifle on top of the petrol station roof last night. Picked it up but it swapped it for my crossbow. Now I haven't even used my crossbow yet but felt I didn't want to ditch it. Wanted to take the rifle and put it in the gun locker but was miles away from one, crossbow would likely not be there if I went back.
Also realised how much easier clearing the nests is during the day. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I found a rifle on top of the petrol station roof last night. Picked it up but it swapped it for my crossbow. Now I haven't even used my crossbow yet but felt I didn't want to ditch it. Wanted to take the rifle and put it in the gun locker but was miles away from one, crossbow would likely not be there if I went back.
Also realised how much easier clearing the nests is during the day. :rolleyes:
Don’t worry about found weapons. Or guns. Your gun box will fil up when you buy weapons from vendors.

Soldato
Cool. Thanks.
Does the number of days gone matter? I mean I presume its trophy related but I'm not going to get timed out like that one in the shopping centre am I?
Nah it’s not like Dead Rising. I played Days Gone for a silly amount of days.

Had a blast playing it even though it clearly shows unfinished elements in the game. Wish we could get a sequel but I can’t see it.

Soldato
Cool. Thanks.
Does the number of days gone matter? I mean I presume its trophy related but I'm not going to get timed out like that one in the shopping centre am I?
No worries ! And no no time limit. Just take your time and enjoy, take it all in :D :( really wish the game was longer (I know it’s a long game as it is, but I loved the world and characters). It’s actually one of few games I’ve actually bothered to finish!

Soldato
So, I am VERY close to the end. I think :D . At least end of the main story anyway. The one eared dude just OD'ed. In some missions however I don't know what I am doing wrong.
You get a % at the end of each that your XP is based off, I'm ok with that. Some I hit 80's and 90's as likely missed something or got spotted or whatever that's cool however some of them at the Wizard camp are just going to someone and listening to what they say. I get there timely and don't skip the cutscene but often end up with like 40% completion. I don't get it. I'm not that fussed about 100%ing it. Just wondering what I am missing.

Back
Top Bottom