Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Ive just upgraded to a DFI- ultra d board

3000 winchester chip
1gig ocuk ram
6600 nvidia card

Ive just upgraded from an old msi kt4 ultar board and a 2600 chip,Ive found though that theres a lot of bios settings on the DFI board ,I currently have all the a settings set to auto,could anyone recommend me some settings for the spec above,or would you guys suggest i keep them at auto,All i want is to have a stable fast machin dont really wanna overclock at all,Also with the ram is it best to have both me 512 sticks in the orange slots or say side by side (1 orange / 1 yellow slot),Any info would be great,Cheers

Tenshi said:
are any of the new 510 bios versions worth updating to?
in the interests of "if it aint broke don't fix it" i'm on N4D310 bios
http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/other/114 shows a heck of a lot of newer revisions, might be time for another official one? :)

(i'm on a winchester core 90nm 3500+ with 6800GT)

yes as a fix for winnies(iproves stability etc) was implemented at the 414s i think so worth updating to latest

Lol. Although my watercooling is only able to keep my CPU at 37C idle from 30C, it only loads at 39C. LOL, i.e. only 1C higher than when there is cold weather. My gfx card now idles at 37C from 31C and loads near 50C but I'm not fussed - I love water, I purposely got it to run with my SD :D

smids said:
Lol. Although my watercooling is only able to keep my CPU at 37C idle from 30C, it only loads at 39C. LOL, i.e. only 1C higher than when there is cold weather. My gfx card now idles at 37C from 31C and loads near 50C but I'm not fussed - I love water, I purposely got it to run with my SD :D

yup tis the way to go.

Jimbo Mahoney said:
Come on d00d! You gotta beat my 14.5k with a Venice 3000 and an X800XT ;)

(Friendly 3DMark challenge you understand, NOT 'willy-waving').

Is that at stock? Managed to tweak mine up to 12.6k at stock... now to try clocking it up:)

Could any of you tell me what PWMIC is ,as ive inststalled the MBM data file and the temp for this is 49c idle,Is this ok and sound about rite :confused:

Thanks

Concorde Rules said:
Air Conditioning for me > Water for bu**ering a 6800 Ultra ;) :p

Concorde

are those ** the letter g? why would that happen with water?you do know about water blocks, you dont just pour the water onto the cpu and gpu. :p

edit:i see people saying the hellfire mod bios corrupted their XP.why is tgta?has anyonehad success with this BIOS and actually know what mods there are?

My Spec -

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR
AMD Athlon 64 3200
512Mb DDR XMS3200XLPT TCCD
6600GT Golden Sample
Audigy 2 ZS

What would be the best bios for me ?

I'm currently on 414-3

Should i go to the 5** series bios ?

Cheers,

Andy

I've had a few PS/2 problems on the 510-3 BIOS and so have a few other people over at DFI street. Seems quite scarce though. Be prepared to redo all your clocks though.

414-3: stable @ 11x250mhz 10h prime, unstable @ 10x275mhz 8mins prime
510-3: stable @ 10x275mhz 10h prime, unstable @ 11x250mhz 16mins prime.

Go figure :confused:

Back
Top Bottom