Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

because i get a BSOD @ 1T, when i overclock the cpu/mem, which is weird

maybe i need to do a fresh install of windows, since i just hot swapped from an old pc2700 stick to a gig of tccd pc3200..

not sure though :)

no i flashed to the official 310, when i first got it, with the old PC2700 ram stick in, this was over a month ago, and its all been stable, and yes both sticks are okay afaik,

but i got my new ram this morning, and ive been starting to OC it..

but what bios should i use?
spec is in sig, except the memory which is 1gb tccd Corsair 3200XL TwinX

okay, ive flashed it to 414-3 now

and the same thing that BSODed before, now loads into windows, thanks mate.

so im taking that this is the best bios for Venice cores and TCCD ram? :)

Last edited:
Jokester said:
Just flashed to 510-3 and noticed that next to the CPU details on the POST screen is 1 CPUs, I'm guessing this BIOS is dual core ready?

Jokester

Hi I'm having loads of problems BSOD even at std settings, everything was fine until I fitted a San Diego 4000 last week, it wouldn't run on the 310 BIOS so I flashed to 414, then on to the 510's and nothing seems to stop it happening, I now reinstalled XP 5 times using different Mobo and Graphics card drives because I thought it was them. I even installed XP Media edition to see if that would work, I cannot get stability no matter what I do, I've been to DFI street and seen problems but I thought it was with high voltage ram issues, I have TCCD which is happy @2.6v I'm beginning to wonder if my San Diego is faulty or something, does yours run OK?

kimandsally said:
Hi I'm having loads of problems BSOD even at std settings, everything was fine until I fitted a San Diego 4000 last week, it wouldn't run on the 310 BIOS so I flashed to 414, then on to the 510's and nothing seems to stop it happening, I now reinstalled XP 5 times using different Mobo and Graphics card drives because I thought it was them. I even installed XP Media edition to see if that would work, I cannot get stability no matter what I do, I've been to DFI street and seen problems but I thought it was with high voltage ram issues, I have TCCD which is happy @2.6v I'm beginning to wonder if my San Diego is faulty or something, does yours run OK?

Andrew- have you tried running Memtest in DOS mode?

kimandsally said:

Mine runs a dream (lot better than the Venice), sounds like an iffy CPU to be honest. Are you able to test it in another system?

Jokester

Jokester said:
Mine runs a dream (lot better than the Venice), sounds like an iffy CPU to be honest. Are you able to test it in another system?

Jokester

I've just sold my other 64 bit system this afternoon should have tried it really, will see if I can put it in my mates at the weekend. I was wondering if it was a unusual case which it looks like it is.

kimandsally said:
I've just sold my other 64 bit system this afternoon should have tried it really, will see if I can put it in my mates at the weekend. I was wondering if it was a unusual case which it looks like it is.

yes definitely unusual as the SD run smooth as in the DFI. what psu you using?just trying to rule everything out though if it was fine before i doubt it.

monkeygabriel said:
yes definitely unusual as the SD run smooth as in the DFI. what psu you using?just trying to rule everything out though if it was fine before i doubt it.
Hi I've a Enermax 701, I've just returned home and am about to format it again, I'm going to write zero's to the hard drive over night then start a fresh tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that somewhere I must have made a mistake, I'm going to go back to the 414 bios as well, I have noticed quite a few people using that with great success.

I'll post back when I've been trough it carefully again, sometimes it's easy to make silly mistakes when your trying hard to do it well. I feel much more confident that the problem is more likely to be me considering the results other people are getting.

Thanks for you input guys. :)

kimandsally said:
Hi I've a Enermax 701, I've just returned home and am about to format it again, I'm going to write zero's to the hard drive over night then start a fresh tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that somewhere I must have made a mistake, I'm going to go back to the 414 bios as well, I have noticed quite a few people using that with great success.

I'll post back when I've been trough it carefully again, sometimes it's easy to make silly mistakes when your trying hard to do it well. I feel much more confident that the problem is more likely to be me considering the results other people are getting.

Thanks for you input guys. :)

any update on how its going mate?

monkeygabriel said:
any update on how its going mate?

Well it's starting to fly, I have it at 11x250 @1.44v and it's stable in super pi 32m and not getting any BSOD's.

Surge spent a long time e mailing me his specs and links and suggested things as I went a long.

I'm really happy with the set up I'm sure there would be much more if I took the voltage up but I like the low voltage low temps for low noise, with the above I have all 3 and blistering performance as well.

I shall fiddle with the settings as there might still be more to come!

Thanks to you all it's another success story :D

Back
Top Bottom