Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Concorde Rules said:
From reading other threads how do you work out this latency stuff?

Is 280, 2.5-4-3-7-9-12 higher latency than 2-2-2-5 @ 220-230?

Concorde
I don't know. I just ask Everest Home Edition and it tells me :). One thing for sure though, Intel's are a lot higher latency than AMD's.

Hi

I dunno if anyones come across a similar problem, my hardware is in my sig, ive got a problem with my corsair 4400 ram on this mobo. It used to be fine letting me run it at 280-290 with cl of 2.5. But after jacking 3.3v through it :p it will only let me run at cl2 up to 250 with 3.1v. I know its not the mem controller on my cpu because i just replaced it with a venice. I have a feeling its my mobo - can anyone shed any light on this? i might try the DFI forums too, im using the latest bios 6**-1 or something :confused:

I dont think Venices improved memory controller means automatically you will get a higher obtained o/c via high HTT - the major improvement is its ability to run 4 sticks of RAM @ 200Mhz.

I wouldnt disregard the possibility that your memory controller might not be the best.

Ive assumed from your post that the 280-290 you got was from your previous CPU?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Badgersaurus said:
Hi

I dunno if anyones come across a similar problem, my hardware is in my sig, ive got a problem with my corsair 4400 ram on this mobo. It used to be fine letting me run it at 280-290 with cl of 2.5. But after jacking 3.3v through it :p it will only let me run at cl2 up to 250 with 3.1v. I know its not the mem controller on my cpu because i just replaced it with a venice. I have a feeling its my mobo - can anyone shed any light on this? i might try the DFI forums too, im using the latest bios 6**-1 or something :confused:

If your memory is TCCD you might want to try a lower voltage.

OV3RCLOCK3R said:
just wanted to ask, on the ultra-d, by plugging in the molex or floppy cnnector on the board, did it make ** unstable overclock stable? or were u able to achieve a higher overclock?

I've never run mine without all the cables in, it tells you to do it so I did, I can hardly believe the amount of people that don't plug them in it's almost like they think they know better than DFI, to me it's in the same league of people who use a 20 pin PSU, I might seem like I'm having a go but I'm not it just simply amazes me of the numbers of people posting with problems and lots of them have half the connectors unplugged.

Surely I'm not on my own or am I?

kimandsally said:
I've never run mine without all the cables in, it tells you to do it so I did, I can hardly believe the amount of people that don't plug them in it's almost like they think they know better than DFI, to me it's in the same league of people who use a 20 pin PSU, I might seem like I'm having a go but I'm not it just simply amazes me of the numbers of people posting with problems and lots of them have half the connectors unplugged.

Your right and wrong :D

I agree on plugging all of the leads in (All 4)

On the 20 pin PSU issue - I disagree, as DFI/nVidia have both said that a 24 pin psu is NOT needed, and a 20 pin PSU will work fine :)

Just thought i'd clear that up :)

kimandsally said:

same here also agree with you.as for the psu thing dont know as always had 24-pin with the dfi. maybe its not required but who knows if the rails are maybe more stable at max overclocks with the full 24?

so much about this motherboard's behaviour that is mysterious. ;)

Aruffell said:
Your right and wrong :D

I agree on plugging all of the leads in (All 4)

On the 20 pin PSU issue - I disagree, as DFI/nVidia have both said that a 24 pin psu is NOT needed, and a 20 pin PSU will work fine :)

Just thought i'd clear that up :)
DFI have said they will refuse support on anyone using an underspecced PSU with their NF4 mobos - thats been clarified on DFI-Street last time I looked. 480W+ 24pin PSU is a prerequisite for support:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55275&postcount=13
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=101722&postcount=34

Angry_games said:
you are on your own when using a 20-pin power supply.

DFI no longer will support customers who do not adhere to the minimum power supply requirements.

if the board has a 24-pin power connector, then you must have a true 24-pin power supply.

not a 20-to-24 pin adapter
Angry_Games said:
we tell you that you are required to have a 24-pin 480w power supply because that is what is necessary.

if you want to argue about it, by all means continue arguing about it.

but you are not meeting minimum requirements and will not get any answer other than 'you MUST have a 24-pin native 480w power supply to run these motherboards and that is your problem so please upgrade to a minimum 480w 24-pin power supply'
Now its cleared up ;)

Last edited:
TBH OV3RCLOCK3R theres a very good chance it will be fine...

If its a decent make 20pin PSU at least 400W (that is a newer design - more amps on 12V than 5V) you shouldnt have any problems. Its just like overclocking your CPU, the manufacturer is gonna warn you its out of spec and you know if you damage it its your fault - same with motherboards, if the manufacturer has a minimum spec meet it to reduce issues and if you have you'll get the offical support you need.

The worst thing could happen is you damage your mobo and get refused a RMA because you were running it out of spec per-se...

thanks for the info ps3udo.

My enermax has seperate 12v rails. First one has 15a and the second one has 14a, so it's a total of 29a and the 5v rail has 31a.

The system is fully stable and the voltages are very very good aswell:)

Well I've had my Ultra D up and running for a week now, specs first...

SD3700
1Gb Gskill 4800la
X800XT
Enermax Noisetaker 600w
Custom water cooled

I read through a lot of this thread and had much anxiety that I was going to run into memory problems, usb problems, bios problems etc, but I have to say, I'm very impressed so far.
The system set up very quickly, (aside from the lan...bloody pinstrap!!) Bios flash to 618-3, I took all of an hour overclocking and everything has run faultlessy since. No lock ups, no bsods, no issues at all.

Just what you want from a new set up :)

I hate this XP-120, its too god dam powerful! Even on low @ 2850 with 1.526V in CPU-Z its still 46C load :( Ive got to point where I only have up to 1.65V from the 1.6V in BIOS atm, Im sure I can push further in the winter! :( More volts... kill it or slightly less and dies later!.. og dear :(

ANyone want to get me a X2 please? :D

Concorde

ps3ud0 said:
I did have FF closing until I installed Sun's Java VM properly and now its fine - I presume youve tried to uninstall/reinstall - perhaps you could try M$ :rolleyes: VM for the meantime...

Can you use either ms VM or Java VM runtime engines for azerus then?

what is FF closing? my computer always resets when i shut down a program or a Mozilla Firefox window that use Java VM runtiem engine.

Anyone else had java problems??

toonboy616 said:
Can you use either ms VM or Java VM runtime engines for azerus then?

what is FF closing? my computer always resets when i shut down a program or a Mozilla Firefox window that use Java VM runtiem engine.

Anyone else had java problems??

yes thats why i switched to bitcomet. less resources needed and no java either. ;)

Back
Top Bottom