Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Hmmm thats a good question - if I leave the jumpers in normal VGA mode and place my GFX in the second slot will it run as a 16x lane or a 2x lane? I have to admit I totally forgot about this and have the feeling Ive been running my X850XT PE on the 2x lane - assumed it did some sort of auto-switching or something...

Hmm when I get it working Ill swop it over...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Need help VERY quick here, as im in the middle of putting my system together with this board.

Whats the power connector for thats by the fan/nf4 chipset on the board? It's like a power connector that CD/DVD drives have... should i connect to it?

Or are the main 24pin power connector and the 4 pin one all i have to bother with?
Please help QUICK! cheers...

You would have to plug in the 24 pin connector and the square 4 pin connector too. The other moxel connector is just a spare for a HDD or an optical drive.

Hope that helped. :)

Thanks for the help :)

So just the 24 pin connector and the square 4 pin connector then? as with any other board.

The molex connector on the board confused me lol. never seen one on a board before

Yes, use the 24 pin connector and the square 4 pin.

There should be another cable in the box which connects that molex socket to a hard drive, optical drive etc.

Because it helps with stability. It supplies extra power to the PCI-e lane to avoid graphics stability issues - mainly for use with SLi but certainly does help all round. The floppy connector helps regulate the motherboard IIRC.

Oh right... 4 power cables connected then.. thats a lot. I have two molex connectors on my OCZ power supply just for graphics cards... there more than capable of running my 7800 so should i bother with the molex on the board being as i dont plan using SLI any time soon?

MR.B said:
Oh right... 4 power cables connected then.. thats a lot. I have two molex connectors on my OCZ power supply just for graphics cards... there more than capable of running my 7800 so should i bother with the molex on the board being as i dont plan using SLI any time soon?

On DFI street board this is a direct quote from a DFI emplyee ( DFI doesn't put connectors on the motherboard for fun)

Please take that as it is intended it is not something I'm saying or trying to be clever, it is a direct response to another owner with similar problems who hadn't connected all of them.

ps3ud0 said:
Hmmm thats a good question - if I leave the jumpers in normal VGA mode and place my GFX in the second slot will it run as a 16x lane or a 2x lane? I have to admit I totally forgot about this and have the feeling Ive been running my X850XT PE on the 2x lane - assumed it did some sort of auto-switching or something...

Hmm when I get it working Ill swop it over...

ps3ud0 :cool:

If you left the jumpers in single card mode then yes the 2nd PCIe graphics slot is only running at 2x.

You have to connect them all. If you don't and ask for help over there, they will not help you until all are connected. A bit harsh, yes, but they are DFI technicians so need to find the real cause of all problems rather than allowing for a margin of user error.

I'll connect all four power cables then... even though its making my case very messy with wires.
Anyone want benches for the 7800GTX when i get it all running?

Broken Hope said:
If you left the jumpers in single card mode then yes the 2nd PCIe graphics slot is only running at 2x.

How would I get the second pcie slot to run at full speed?

I cant install the graphics card in pcie 1 because the southbridge fan is in the way. :(

I've seen benchmarks before with the PCI-E set to 2x and there is hardly any differenct between that and 16x, as 2x PCI-E is still a lot faster than 2x AGP for instance. It was something like 5% slower with 2x on PCI-E.

And IF you mean the mobo fan is getting covered by the graphics card then i wouldnt worry coz all my graphics cards have done that and its all worked fine for me...

Back
Top Bottom