Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
310 wont work with dual core, it will only see 1 core. you need a newer bios for 2 cores to work 5** and above i think

dfi-street have a great OC guide as well :)

Associate
Something really strange going on with my Opteron CABYE 0536GPMW in dfi ultra-d i get it up to 300*9 perfectly fine with 1.5v and its prime stable for at least 2 hours which is how long i ran it for and its pretty stable but quite warm at 48 underload with xp120 well the problem is when i try to go over 300 even at 301 the goes throaugh the splash screen and then goes into the bit whre it tries to save the bios with the black backgorund and white writing and doesnt save it no matter what i do i've tried it with more voltages with ram 1:1 and on a divider but with no luck i've also tried 2 different bioses and the same things happens in both does any1 have any ideas?

Associate
Figured out my problem there was a setting in the memory section for the dfi bios called DRAM Response i had it on normal but now that i've put it to fast it seems to be a lot happier and i'm currently at 322*9 1.6V

Associate
I have been trying to improve my overclock, but it seems my cpu won't go above around 2.5GHz :(

252x10 wouldn't complete 3dm2005 (though strangely 2003 and 2001 were fine - its not my graphics because they run very cool at about 40-50c).
I tried changing the memory divider to confirm it wasn't memory (though it passed 10 passes of memtest) but of course no change.
I left it at 250 running looped 3dm2001 with sandra burn-in looped overnight but it had rebooted when i checked this morning.

So i went to 9x multi so i could push the memory further, but memtest produces errors at 265 anyway (2.5-3-3-10, 2.9V - memory is pc4000 balistilix), and 260 wasn't stable in 3dm2005. Theres no point in using a divider and ramping the fsb up even more because everything is locked and there will be no performance gain.

I tried going back to 245 which was stable before, but accidentally set the HT to 5x, and corrupted my windows install :( "windows did not start properly" - safe mode, loads some things and reboots, normal reboots, last working hangs.
My windows partition is always reduced as much as possible so i haven't lost anything unless it corrupted my other partition...

Looks like ill be installing windows for the second time this week :(

Associate
Hi Guys,

Hate to ask a completley open question like this but seeing as I am totally useless in this area (and obviously proud to admit it!) I have a question...

My setup...

Leadtek GeForce 7800 GTX Extreme Edition 256MB GDDR3 VIVO
OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC3200 Dual Channel Platinum Series EL-DDR CAS2 CL 2-3-2-5
DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ (Socket 939)

I am looking for some seriously good easy advice on overclocking this badboy. Ram timings? FSB setting? Multiplyer setting? Voltage setting? Mobo settings? Etc etc.

Does anyone have some examples of settings I can use? Ideally someone with a matched system would be sweet here! =]

If ive missed anything let me know! I will now pray someone helps :D

D.

Caporegime
Just because somone has the same components as you dosnt mean its going to OC the same.

From my experiance you have to go through it all on your own to find whats best for you.

its really pretty simple but i suggest looking at the OC sticky on the official DFI forums.

Associate
Don't know if this has been covered before, too many threads to look through!

Everytime I install Java I get a message come up something about Java SataRaid then I get BSOD saying Windows has detected an error and it shuts down. Reboot and it happens again, go back to a restore point before Java install and it's fine. Any ideas?

You can see what I'm using in my signature if that helps. OS system is XP Pro

Andy.

Associate
not any help but i have the same mobo but java from sun worked fine for me :confused:

did you install the sata raid drivers off original cd or theWHQL ones off win updates?

Associate
i didnt use the cd at all, used the first 4 sata ports to boot off (the nvidia ones) then installed the 'safe' drivers for the SI ports. might be an idea to swap the drivers out just in case?

Associate
hmmm indeed! I had FDD so no problem. I had a few headaches at build mostly down to faulty memory. Everything works OK except Java causes this problem everytime and I can't find out exactly why. Perhaps I'll have to try contacting Silicon Image or Sun as I can't be the only person in the world with this problem.

Andy.

Caporegime
I know the SI driver uses Java for its frontend (I think it was the sataRAID ones) - I uninstalled it from add/remove programs as had little reason to install anything special for the SI ports yet - perhaps you might want to uninstall as much as you can regards SI apart from just the SI drivers needed to run your HDs...

Im surprised you had issues with the nVidia ports since they are part of the chipset and so should be trouble free since every NF4 mobo comes with them and they are recognised as default when you install windows with the nforce drivers...

I doubt its an issue for Sun tbh, more likely just a bad install...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
Would anyone be able to advise me....

I have wiped my HDD (needed a fresh re-install) and I have missplaced my RAID driver disk that came with the motherboard box. I was using 2 x 36GB SATA HDD's in RAID 0 before and I would need to install the contents of the disk just before the Windows XP installer kicks in (it asks if you have any 3rd party drivers)

Would anyone be able to help me out with a download of the driver files?

Can't seem to access the DFI website at the moment to see if they are located there.

At the moment I'm kinda in limbo with my re-install as I can't tell the installation that I have setup RAID 0 :(

Thanks a lot guys

Soldato
Snow-Munki said:
hey, can't really go through 105 pages !!

was wondering what heatsinks you guys are using, was looking at the akasa evo 120

im using the the Thermalright SI-120

does anyone know if i can actaully get a rs232 port ?

Soldato
Anyone get locks when really pushing overclocks?

260x11 is fine.. no locks no problems.

265x11 I get locks where I have to reboot, memtested fine for 6 hours, voltage doesnt help... is tit my SD or the board being stupid?

Concorde

Back
Top Bottom