Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Associate
looked at my device manager last night. i have 3 sata hard drives. 2 of them were marked as Sata in the manager. one was marked as a pata.

What you think this means?

funny thing though, all are able to be safely ejected (ive not actually tried becuase thats just nuts!).

Associate
where did you get 6.67 drivers

fullfat said:
yeah ive just installed 6.67 drivers and it seems fine, although its my first reboot so ill see how it goes
cheers guys
:D
Where did you get the 6.67 drivers I can only see 6.66 on Nvidia's site and DFI's site.
Also I found when updating these drivers they would'nt install properlly unless I deleted the old diver package from C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP, after first uninstalling, then and only then install the new ones and they worked ok :)

Soldato
paulbaker said:
Where did you get the 6.67 drivers I can only see 6.66 on Nvidia's site and DFI's site.
Also I found when updating these drivers they would'nt install properlly unless I deleted the old diver package from C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP, after first uninstalling, then and only then install the new ones and they worked ok :)
nVidia nF4 6.67 Driver. They always have the latest stuff including betas so it's always good to keep checking back there every so often. Those are the 32-bit drivers.

Last edited:
Associate
ok, just spent half hour searching this mamoth thread for an answer.
ive got a ultra-d and ive just bought some new ram, its generic stuff with hynix chips on the boards, is this going to cause me problems at all? ive read that it wont work :(
i need some confidence from someone whos got hynix chips working with this board, im only going to run it at stock so im not going to overclock it.

anyone got anything for me?
:D

Permabanned
My DFI Ultra D Chipset Mod

Vantec IceBerq4 Pro VGA Cooler :D

ICEBERQ.JPG

my chipset temps are now 7-8 degs cooler and the fan operates a lot quiter at 3000 rpm less then that POS DFI used. and glows blue

If u want a laugh take off your stock chipset cooler and look at the finish :D

Permabanned
same as stock but you need to do some cutting and drill new holes, I thought the cooler would fit out of the box, but its a 4.5x4.5x10mm

I also used the dfi springs, you could lower your temps by atleast 5 degress by lapping the dfi stock and using as5

Last edited:
Permabanned
just finished 3d mark 2k3 the chipset hit 51, it usually mirrors the PWMIC which is currently at 61, which is the reason this Overclocked OpterOWN @2.7 locked before I did the Mod while running 2k3

Associate
Hi,

First post, so be gentle.

I've got the Ultra D and the chipset fans is doing my head in...I notice from your pic that your replacement is quite low profile - do you reckon you could still get a 7800 GTX over it? Mine currently sits over the chipset fan, and the additional heat from the g-card probably doesn't help matters.

It's a shame, with all the fetaures of the board and stuff, you think they might have thought about the design, and the prospect of large graphics cards covering over valuable cooling fans :(

If it's not going to work with my 7800GTX (due to the height of the chipset fan) are there any other possibilites?

Caporegime
There are a few, tho Darths solution is probably the more hardcore Ive seen outside watercooling it using a custom chipset waterblock. I dont find the stock one that bad at all, since Ive reduce its RPM via Smartguardian. Most used alternative is a Zalman chipset cooler with some of the fins chopped/twisted away from the GFX card - easy using a set of pliers, tho ensure you have a good airflow.

Since all PCIe cards would have the same general design (same distance from the PCIe pins to the main body of the card) and would overhang the chipset cooler then if Darth can fit one there then realistically all should including the 7800GTX...

I wouldnt really blame DFI for the design - below the CPU its pretty much nVidia reference, just like many other first generation NF4 boards...

(Hi BTW)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
Thanks for the tips - I'll have a look for a Zalman on the internet.

Seems to be much better since I enabled the Cool 'n' Quiet though, and shuffled my cabling around a bit for better airflow. I tried using Smartguardian, but when I lowered the Chipset fan it seemed to compensate by pumping up the cpu fan - and seeing as I have the stock cooler, that can make some noise when it gets revved up.

Permabanned
okay chaps just come up with another Northbridge mod, this is very simple it involves taking the fan off an Akasa AK-210 (ocuk sell these) and putting it on a Zalman Northbridge, I must say unless you are using your video card in slot 2 this wont work on the DFI.

Zally1.JPG

Zally2.JPG

Zally3.JPG

Zally4.JPG

Back
Top Bottom