Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

No idea dude :(

I can't overclock mine at all without it dying! Posted hear loads of times about it and all the advice here has been fantastic only I havn't managed anything like a stable overclock yet - something must be broken :(

hi guys, just got mysel;f one of thee boards and have looked through a bit in this thread and searched for it but having no lcuk.
i just need a bit of help with the power connectors and jumpers on this board. im only running 1 pcie card, got a 480w antec 24pin native psu, and run it all at stock speeds. do i need to connect the molex and the floppy conectors up? and what do i set usb power to? just default?
and also, has anyone ran into problems with 2x512mb sticks of corsair LLPT ram?

fullfat said:
hi guys, just got mysel;f one of thee boards and have looked through a bit in this thread and searched for it but having no lcuk.
i just need a bit of help with the power connectors and jumpers on this board. im only running 1 pcie card, got a 480w antec 24pin native psu, and run it all at stock speeds. do i need to connect the molex and the floppy conectors up? and what do i set usb power to? just default?
and also, has anyone ran into problems with 2x512mb sticks of corsair LLPT ram?
You have to connect all 4 power connectors on the board. 1 floppy, 1 4-pin molex, 1 24-pin ATX power and 1 square 4-pin CPU power connector. USB power really depends on your PSU. You need to find out the 5VSB and see if is greater than 720mA I believe. If so, then you can set it to either setting, if not, you have to use standard. Because your PSU is modern, it will most likely support both (as basically the second setting is for power whilst on standby). Not sure about the RAM but Corsair have had some problems on these boards.

NokkonWud said:
I haven't had any problems with my Corsair RAM on the "NF4 Ultra-D" motherboard.

2x 512mb 3200 TwinX 2-2-2-5 RAM.
Some people inevitably don't have problems but if you ask Angry_Games @ DFI-street, he will no doubt give you a run down of all the problems he has read about Corsair RAM.

Last edited:
SATA drives will run straight out of the box but will run in IDE mode until you install the chipset (so therefore) install the SATA controller drivers included in the nVidia IDE SW drivers.

nah, i didnt install any drivers until i got into windows, and they were all of dfis site and windows update

only now installing other drivers (re my prev post - sata drivers)

Yup, unless you are running a RAID array, you don't need any drivers until in windows.

@tomos: Look under device manager and IDE/ATAPI controllers. If it says nVidia SATA and nVIDIA nF4 PATA, just make sure your raptor is under the SATA controller. It will say 1-1.5G SATA Generation or something.

cheers m8 :D

found what i needed last night. installed some nvidia software and now i see those options - everything is greyed out since i havent rebooted yet. hopefully the raptor will get a small perf. boost from it :)

ok, now ive got windows installed and the nforce drivers on and the dislay drivers.
its sitting at the windows splash screen for 4 mins before loading windows, which is a bit much to deal with right now.

anyone had similar issues? if so how did you fix them?
:D

Back
Top Bottom