Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

Minstadave said:
Its really easy, you might be able to flash them with your expert, in fact it should work fine as they're the same chipset.

Best way to do it is take out your expert bios, but some thread underneath it when you insert it back into the bios socket. Then boot up, use a Windows boot disk with the SLI-DR bios on it and the AWDFlash program (I think thats the right one, but could be wrong), then pull the string to whip out the Expert bios, pop in the SLI-DR bios, and force flash it with the -f command.

Viola :D SLI-DR bios flashed and ready to be used.

I still dont feel that confident doing this. If I supply the bios chip/bootable cd do you reckon you (or anyone else for that matter) can do this for me?
I will bung in a few quid for your time ;)

kayone said:
Done this now.. Seem's there's still some growling goin off I think it may be the Stick 120mm fans which can with my PC-7PLUS. Might have to invest in some silenx or somthing.

You could try going lower I used to run mine about 3.5k which I thought was pretty quiet at those revs, just keep your eye on the temps at the same time. ;)

Hi can someone tell me if this bios is ok , i.e. is it for anything special 29/03/2006 Beta SLI-DR/Ultra-D/SLI-D NF4LD329-3 (oskar wu beta ) is anyone using it for the ultra -d in particular, thanks

andyr said:
Hi can someone tell me if this bios is ok , i.e. is it for anything special 29/03/2006 Beta SLI-DR/Ultra-D/SLI-D NF4LD329-3 (oskar wu beta ) is anyone using it for the ultra -d in particular, thanks
Yup, I'm on it - quite a good BIOS actually although there is a newer official one based on that - not sure exactly what they changed from the beta to the official - only 5 days or so difference in date.

Hi thanks for the reply, its on my brothers pc he just flashed to it to try to fix a problem with firewire not working , it was working previously and it is enabled in bios but doesnt show in device manager , any ideas what it might be , thanks

Blue Screen IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Recently i keep getting Blue Screens IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors that randomly keep happening...Does anyone know what this is down to ...Is it faulty ram or say incorrect paging file?

Im using the latest Bios from the dfi site

My setup is

Ultra D baord

Opteron 144 not overclocked

1gig Value Ocuk value ram

Geforce 6600gt

Any ideas guys on what the cause is of the BSOD's

Thanks

J273 said:
Recently i keep getting Blue Screens IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors that randomly keep happening...Does anyone know what this is down to ...Is it faulty ram or say incorrect paging file?

Im using the latest Bios from the dfi site

My setup is

Ultra D baord

Opteron 144 not overclocked

1gig Value Ocuk value ram

Geforce 6600gt

Any ideas guys on what the cause is of the BSOD's

Thanks

Also getting this error;
Had extra memory installed, and removed it... It messed up windows install, as it does ':p
Upon attempting reinstall after the 'dos style' copying files etc, and reboot it gives IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.
ox0000000A (ox00000010,ox00000002, ox00000001, ox80513437)

(How) did you solve your issue? and does anyone have any thoughts?
I've tried swapping out Memory, PSU, Graphics... so im leaning towards a board error. Not sure if it might be bios settings though, Im loathe to reset cmos cause i had a job setting it up the first time...

Thoughts?

Last edited:
A quick hijack - i have searched already though!

On the Dfi Ut expert board how many of you have got rid of the 'levitating' north bridge fan?

I have sli at the moment with 7600 pcb's - Are there any passive solutions around that dont require much work or any very good quiet solutions availiable ???

I cant stand this revving up to 7000 crap it sounds awful :o

From looking at dfi-street it would seem a zalman wont fit, anyone got any advice for the forum? &ME ! :)

hotdog said:
A quick hijack - i have searched already though!

On the Dfi Ut expert board how many of you have got rid of the 'levitating' north bridge fan?

I have sli at the moment with 7600 pcb's - Are there any passive solutions around that dont require much work or any very good quiet solutions availiable ???

I cant stand this revving up to 7000 crap it sounds awful :o

From looking at dfi-street it would seem a zalman wont fit, anyone got any advice for the forum? &ME ! :)

You can make a zalman fit with some bending/chopping, it works a treat. Here's one on my DFI Ultra-D, it'd be easier on an expert:

dsc00646pr9.jpg

Lol , its bent vicar !

Was that easy to do? Do you feel it adversly effects the temps? Would you do it again, or try something else ...

Dinky mod though, must be better than standard !

hotdog said:
Lol , its bent vicar !

Was that easy to do? Do you feel it adversly effects the temps? Would you do it again, or try something else ...

Dinky mod though, must be better than standard !

Hey -they were straight when they went in - looks like the heat has wilted them :D

Sorry to hijack for a mo, but can you help me with this??

Swapping Bios on an Ultra D

Right then i've just bought a dual core x4400+ and i wanna update my bios before i put it in.

Atm i'm running the 23/6 bios from last year with no problems.

Now i've downloaded the 3/29 bios from this year as well as winflash 1.76, but i can never remember which bits i need to flash...

boot block

main block

dmi block

all 3 or just the main block?? Also i should probably put everything back to stock in the cmos right, to avoid problems...

Back
Top Bottom