Official DFI NF4Ultra-D/SLi owners thread.

cymatty said:
Well i dont have a sli card setup, and as the damm psu only has ONE floppy connectr and like 6 sata connectors :rolleyes: then i need the floppy to install the sata drivers. :(
No probs, connect the floppy drive, install what you want and as soon as you don't need the floppydrive anymore connect the cable to the mobo.

cymatty said:
Hmm its a brand new board i wonder what bios it will ship with?
Likely to have shipped with 623-3. In any event, Dutch has given good advice. I advise also picking up a molex to floppy converter (probably only cost about £1-2) as DFI really do impress on people to connect all 4 and won't help until you have done so to rule that out. 704-2BTA is a good BIOS (very good infact) and probably better than the 623-3 which it is likely to ship with.

Been looking around and it seems that if when you power up and nothing happens except you get the '4 LED's of death' is is very likely that it's a corrupt bios. Im thinking this could have happened when I was refilling my rig with water, as whenever I have to refill I power up my rig (only for a few seconds) and turn it off a few times to get the pump working to get air locks out of the system.
Im wondering if this is the case. . .

smids said:
Likely to have shipped with 623-3. In any event, Dutch has given good advice. I advise also picking up a molex to floppy converter (probably only cost about £1-2) as DFI really do impress on people to connect all 4 and won't help until you have done so to rule that out. 704-2BTA is a good BIOS (very good infact) and probably better than the 623-3 which it is likely to ship with.

Cheers will have a look for one, like i said i only need the floppy plugged in until, the sata drivers have been installed then it can be plugged back into the board. :)

Dont really like flashing the bios as it scares me to death, i did it with my old asus as it had a handy utility which you can update it via windows which was less scary. :o

Scoobie Dave said:
Been looking around and it seems that if when you power up and nothing happens except you get the '4 LED's of death' is is very likely that it's a corrupt bios. Im thinking this could have happened when I was refilling my rig with water, as whenever I have to refill I power up my rig (only for a few seconds) and turn it off a few times to get the pump working to get air locks out of the system.
Im wondering if this is the case. . .

all will be clear when you get your expert

Scoobie Dave said:
Does anyone know how to hotflash?

If so, I have couple of bios chips that need re-flashing for me (for my old SLI-DR, not my new Expert). If I include a few quid in the post for doing it with a prepaid envelope would someone here be willing to do this?

:)

Its really easy, you might be able to flash them with your expert, in fact it should work fine as they're the same chipset.

Best way to do it is take out your expert bios, but some thread underneath it when you insert it back into the bios socket. Then boot up, use a Windows boot disk with the SLI-DR bios on it and the AWDFlash program (I think thats the right one, but could be wrong), then pull the string to whip out the Expert bios, pop in the SLI-DR bios, and force flash it with the -f command.

Viola :D SLI-DR bios flashed and ready to be used.

Hesky82 said:
all will be clear when you get your expert

The good news is I tried my Opty in my mates Asrock rig tonight and it booted first time :D

So that means it's definately the mobo.

Has anyone tried this before, perhaps this could cure the problem with the SLI-DR?
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127704&postcount=24

The same mate I saw tonight as coming round mine tomorrow and installing the SLI-DR in his rig, so could be fun and games tomorrow!

Last edited:
Minstadave said:
Its really easy, you might be able to flash them with your expert, in fact it should work fine as they're the same chipset.

Best way to do it is take out your expert bios, but some thread underneath it when you insert it back into the bios socket. Then boot up, use a Windows boot disk with the SLI-DR bios on it and the AWDFlash program (I think thats the right one, but could be wrong), then pull the string to whip out the Expert bios, pop in the SLI-DR bios, and force flash it with the -f command.

Viola :D SLI-DR bios flashed and ready to be used.

If I try this method how risky is it. I really dont want to fry my new Expert board, I understand the principle of the hotflash method and its really simple, im just worried about taking the chip out whilst the pc is on. I would have thought you could short something out purhaps by taking the bios chip out?

:confused:

Got my SLI-D a few days back - well chuffed with the performance. teamed with a AC Freezer 64 Pro and the CPU's at a cool 20-25c idle.

The only thing i'd probably want to swap is maybe the chipset fan as it spins crazy, is there any decent/quiet replacements, as this seems to be very close to the PCI-e slot 1.

kayone said:
Got my SLI-D a few days back - well chuffed with the performance. teamed with a AC Freezer 64 Pro and the CPU's at a cool 20-25c idle.

The only thing i'd probably want to swap is maybe the chipset fan as it spins crazy, is there any decent/quiet replacements, as this seems to be very close to the PCI-e slot 1.

You could try using smart guardian and turn the fan down and see how you go with that?

I always ran my fan @5k, it was not to bad at that speed and makes it much quieter. :)

kayone said:

dsc006465hw.jpg

I did this months back, totally silent, easy to do and cools better than the standard sink. Only works with smaller GFX cards though, larger ones need fins removing from the Zalman.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom